Has everyone quit this site?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Has everyone quit this site?

Post by gse_turbo »

Awesome! Welcome to the community!
DoLeCk

Post by DoLeCk »

So when i get some free minutes i will give You little story of mine :)

One question.
Why i dont receive info about new posts?
Daewoo Lanos GTi
B204L Saab 2.0L 16V Turbo
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

all you have to do is go to the board index page and hit "new posts" and it will list them all for you to review.
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

Not really, i still stop in every few weeks... although i would be part of the community again BUT ppl on cracklist wont pick up there phone when they are selling woo for sale :smt011
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I stopped by to see what everyone is up to. I no longer own my Daewoo, I now own a Mazda. It was a bittersweet day when I traded it in. Things had just become too costly because of my own stupidity when I was younger and how I mistreated the car. I was fixing the suspension every 2-3 months, and replacing tires like crazy because of the suspension eating them. Even after taking it to a garage in the area, it still wasn't fixed correctly, so I gave up after nearly $3000 of work, and nothing fixing it.

I now own an 03 Miata, I love how it drives and handles. Still miss the spaciousness of my nubira, and the boot space of the hatchback. I still have the original copy of the title, it's hung on my wall... Gonna miss it.
a woo that is a work in progress
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

you might have been the smart one cutting your losses early by getting rid of yours!!!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I have still not replaced all the parts on my Lanos which I bought for it a few months ago; I've just not found the time to do it, but I know I need replace them soon.
My new car has almost 10,000 miles on it since I bought it in October. As soon as I get the parts changed on the Lanos, it will once again be my daily driver.
The plan is to park the new car and keep making payments on it until I no longer owe more than it's worth, then trade it in.
I'm very much considering trading it on a used, but low mileage, Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins turbo diesel 4 door, 4 wheel drive with a towing package.
It won't be a daily driver, but only something to drive when it's needed.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

why did you get the new car if you were going to park it? that sounds like a nice truck but definitely something you don't want to be using to commute a long distance. you will need a tanker and a banker to keep it running!
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

To be honest Puddle, I probably would have kept the nubira if I could afford the repairs... I LOVE that car... It's not the fastest car, it's not the best handling car... but it was my favorite looking car... The hatchback and feel of the car was just awesome. I do have to say I LOVE the handling of the Miata, I love the fact that I can drop the top and just drive all day long in the sun... I love it, but I loved my daewoo for it's character and stories just as much. I can talk all day about how much fun the daewoo was just as much as I could talk about how much I love the miata... So honestly I wish I could've kept it...
a woo that is a work in progress
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Puddle31 wrote:why did you get the new car if you were going to park it? that sounds like a nice truck but definitely something you don't want to be using to commute a long distance. you will need a tanker and a banker to keep it running!
To be honest, I bought the car to build my credit rating so that my wife & I will be able to qualify for a home loan when we buy a house in a couple years. I went almost 10 years with no bank loans, no credit cards and nothing that used credit, so everything on my credit history had fallen off and I was starting out as if I had no credit. That gave me a poor credit score and I would never qualify for a mortgage loan on a house.

I started fixing my lack of credit with a $300 starter credit card that reported to the credit agencies. Good reporting from that card enabled me to buy the car. Good reporting from the car loan will enable me to later buy a house.