Decisions

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooluvr
Expert

Decisions

Post by daewooluvr »

Well I'm coming to the point where I have to consider getting rid of the Lanos due to the high maintenance costs.

I'm just about at 100K miles but the vehicle has alot of electrical issues (headlight sockets keep melting, interior lights keep going out, etc), the exhaust resonator needs replaced, the front wheel bearings need replaced, the front calipers and rotors need replaced, the timing belt needs replaced...

It just seems like alot just to keep it running...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Decisions

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I don't see how that's any different than any other car with 100K miles on it.

I certainly don't blame you for wanting a newer car with less mileage, but the parts are not too bad if your willing to do some research ( pontiac lemans, or Lanos parts from EU )

I'd actually say the parts cost less than many other cars, I had some ball joints sent over from Europe for about 1/2 the cost of what they are here.

It's always a grass is greener scenario, spend money on this car and it will be good for 5 years or spend money to buy a newer car with lower mileage, which will most likely need work on it in 5 years.

the Parts you mentioned shouldn't be more than $400, I suppose it's dependent on your budget.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Puddle31
Super

Re: Decisions

Post by Puddle31 »

don't bail on us daewoolvr!! Your have the same car I have and my car is around the same neighborhood in miles. I think my car may have been purchased originally from the same dealer as yours in that area. I haven't had some of the issues you currently listed but I am sure i will. Like PrecisionBoost said, you either put it into something you know, or you put our more and put it into something you don't. Who knows, your next car could have moer problems!