Fewer modified Daewoo's on the forum

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Fewer modified Daewoo's on the forum

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Hey guys ... I'm here for my once in a blue moon post. :D

Picked up a 2001 Lanos Hatchback for my dad.
A girl who owned it near where I live did not listen to me when I told her when to change the timing belt and it broke.
The car sat from 2007 til we bought it from her for $400 a few months ago.
Bought the engine from Daewooluvr and did an engine swap.

The car is getting it's state inspection today, new license plates from the DMV tomorrow and will bring it home tomorrow or the next day!

It needs a little body work, but over all, the car looks almost new inside and out, apart from a dent on the driver side rear quarter panel.

I will post pics after it's back home.

Cliff
Awesome, glad it worked out for ya.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

Hi all
It's really hard for me to get back into a daewoo knowing i'll have no aftermarket support and if their is, it's expensive
Here in PR they are cheap a lot of them around $1k
Maybe in the future i'll have one as a track only car
I often enter the forum to watch the progress of people around here
I also work in eljunito 2.0L Lanos N/A project with the ECU swap and tuning

A forum without people is not a forum
Since Daewoos aren't getting sold maybe you should merge it with other related makes/models
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

400USD??? i want a dozen at that price

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Davinci_360

Post by Davinci_360 »

I'm pleased to say that I visit the forum quite frequently to see what's going on with all of the performance projects. I own 2 Pontiac Lemans (a VL and an LE) and a C20GET sunbird (just an engine donor), and I'm currently working on buying a 2000 Lanos hatchback in the next few weeks. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have never known about the C20GET, and I'd still be looking for a NA 2.0 liter from a Sunbird as an upgrade. I also wouldn't have ever given a second glance at a Daewoo Lanos, and I never woud have guessed that it was so similiar to my Lemans.

This forum has provided some crucial information to me. I thank everyone who has kept it going, and I look forward to seeing it continue in the future.

With that said, I think organizing the information with regard to specific makes/models would be a very helpful, and logical way to streamline the site and attract more enthusiasts to GM-Daewoo/Opel performance tuning.

~ Tony
szwaan

Post by szwaan »

I think it's great that everyone is trying to help.

I personally think the website could really use a face-lift.
When I first came upon this website I wasn't really too intrigued but I decided to join and give it a try. Now i know there's lot of helpful people here and the information is very broad. But first impression is a big deal.

I also think offering vehicle decals stating the website would spark more interest.

I own a 2002 Daewoo Lanos 1.6 in black. and I absolutely love the car, not to mention the attention from curious people.
and I would love to turbo it but I have no idea how to go about it.

I think a separate section for How-to's would be very handy, classified for each car and each project. the search bar is not the greatest.

And lastly, It would be great if everyone had a page on their "profile" with all their car specs and modifications and possibly links to the walk-through of these modifications/projects.

I hope this most was semi-understandable, I'm extremely tired.
-SZ-
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

szwaan wrote:I think it's great that everyone is trying to help.

I personally think the website could really use a face-lift.
When I first came upon this website I wasn't really too intrigued but I decided to join and give it a try. Now i know there's lot of helpful people here and the information is very broad. But first impression is a big deal.

I also think offering vehicle decals stating the website would spark more interest.

I own a 2002 Daewoo Lanos 1.6 in black. and I absolutely love the car, not to mention the attention from curious people.
and I would love to turbo it but I have no idea how to go about it.

I think a separate section for How-to's would be very handy, classified for each car and each project. the search bar is not the greatest.

And lastly, It would be great if everyone had a page on their "profile" with all their car specs and modifications and possibly links to the walk-through of these modifications/projects.

I hope this most was semi-understandable, I'm extremely tired.
well there is a how to section, and member's rides...
since the forum was updated, the search kind of went down the drain. i use google to search the site. i.e. in google type: site:daewootech.com [search topic]
example: site:daewootech.com brake upgrade
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

I'm kinda back,

taking notes of some comments seen here.

Efrain
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

i back now....

i get perocciply a bit easily..:lol:

i finally rebookmark the site...

also i bug topic somewhere might be a good idea, as i have seen some people writing about a few bug in ramdon areas.
i also be willin to help to fix some bugs
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Trackerrrr

Post by Trackerrrr »

I'm new to the forum and would like to hop up my '99 Leganza a bit, but seems the only items out there are floor mats and wheels. I hit the local pick your part today and found a grand total of THREE Leganzas between the two yards. Not much out there.
Chris
1999 Leganza SX
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

the thing i love the most is the way we have to mod our daewoo our self an custom make the parts,

this truely makes our car better than the other. other people can simply buy ready made parts for the vauxhall.etc.. their nothing proud in that
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

Trackerrrr

Post by Trackerrrr »

Big Jeff wrote:the thing i love the most is the way we have to mod our daewoo our self an custom make the parts,

this truely makes our car better than the other. other people can simply buy ready made parts for the vauxhall.etc.. their nothing proud in that
That's great if you have the time, money, and equipment to fab your own.
Chris
1999 Leganza SX
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Trackerrrr wrote:
Big Jeff wrote:the thing i love the most is the way we have to mod our daewoo our self an custom make the parts,

That's great if you have the time, money, and equipment to fab your own.

you are driving the wrong car if you don't have the time, money, or equipment :lol:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Anyone in the UK has about five thousand options and a huge aftermarket support for the Lanos ( AKA Astra MK2 )

I'm on Migweb all the time and I nearly cry when I see some one selling a 400bhp C20LET for what would be about $1000 USD, that would be such an easy swap to make an insanely fast Lanos.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

its sad indeed....

that reminds me mine is still on jack stands and a cover... :(
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

I think it's as bad being in Australia...
because you can get the engine, but then the tuning parts have to come from the uk and the postage just kills you
there's no aftermarket for these cars here and most have been flogged
they also have a bad reputation for reliability and most are poorly looked after, I reckon if people realised they could go in daewoos, the show scene would've gone nuts in the early 2000s (when 43som was kicking around), back when people didn't think they were just korean p.o.s. cars (they were korean p.o.s. cars that looked nicer than all the other korean cars :lol: )

at least you don't have it to begin with to tease you