Just wanted to thank everyone! This forum is a huge help.

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Nick

Just wanted to thank everyone! This forum is a huge help.

Post by Nick »

I've had two daewoo's in my life, one belonged to an ex, a 2001 nubira which I never had the occasion to work on prior to her totalling it. The other, a 2000 Lanos 1.6L belongs to my current girl. She blew the T-belt, and I've decided to do everyting myself. I've done some heavy mechanical work on other vehicles, so I know the ropes, but there are a few tricky details which are hard to find on any vehicle, especially Daewoos (such as the correct order to reattach spark wires, the timing setup, etc.... This forum has been a huge help. Also just wanted to let you know I found an online manual for the Lanos, very detailed. The address is below.

http://chevy.mrmax.dp.ua/EN/documents/N ... cetti.html

It appears you can get the manuals for other models on there as well.

P.S. Once I got the head off, had 8 bent exhaust valves, 2 bent intake valves, had the headwork done at a local shop for $560 usd, included resurface, valve job, new valve guides on exhaust side, and a complete gasket kit (headgasket, valve seals, water pump, egr, int/exh man, the whole upper engine). Looking at about another $300 for the belt, tensioner, idler pulley, and water pump. Hopefully I'll have it up and running later this week. Thanks again.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

glad that the forum is helping daewoo owners out their

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

MMamdouh wrote:glad that the forum is helping daewoo owners out their

MMamdouh
it surely is 8)