Where do you guys get new OEM parts?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Where do you guys get new OEM parts?

Post by kinkyllama »

I did a search and didn't find any sites that had a good selection... a few had a decent one but still lacked what I needed most. I'm having the hardest time finding new motor mounts.

thanks,
Danny
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

well i know of one based in the UK (not sure if they post to US) http://www.japarts.co.uk

otherwise... ebay
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

You can get them from any opel vauxhall dealership, or places like Autovaux for the mounts that share compatabilities with your Forenza.

I'm not sure if they're all the same though. Not that expensive though. Also, try German EBay, they've a LOT of opel stuff you cant get in the UK.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

when i needed new motor mounts for my lanos i went to the local stealership, its actually the same stealership that runs www.gm-car-parts.com.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Too bad that site (www.gm-car-parts.com) doesn't have any listings for the Optra :(

So kinda useless for Forenza/Reno.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

daewoomofo wrote:when i needed new motor mounts for my lanos i went to the local stealership, its actually the same stealership that runs www.gm-car-parts.com.
is it in US?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Sorry I'm looking for lanos parts mostly. None of the stuff on my forenza I can't get at junkyards is worn out yet
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

You can get maybe 90% of OEM Daewoo or GMDAT parts from www.gm-car-parts.com. There are a few things (Bolts, washers, screws, a couple of gaskets) that aren't listed, but if you take a picture of what you need and e-mail it to them, they can generally provide it. Prices are great too.

Depending on what you need, the local Chevy dealership might have it. Just make sure you ask for the '04 Aveo (closest year to Lanos)

A BUNCH of stuff can be found aftermarket though. Mounts can be found on www.rockauto.com or through a simple google search.

Yes, the cars aren't made any more, but parts aren't nearly as hard to come by as some people say. Sure, you can't walk into your local Autozone and request everything, but if you have a little time and patience, you'll find it all.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

hey are you looking for the three rubber mounts!? they are the same as the 87-93 lemans, most every-day shops can get them (ie Checker, Advance, O'riely's...) they should be around $20 a piece.

good luck
Garrett
Last edited by gse_turbo on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

Rodd1s wrote:well i know of one based in the UK (not sure if they post to US) http://www.japarts.co.uk
i use them very good :D , contact them they say they might sent overseas
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,