The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

wont be the only pinked-out daewoo round here... theres loads of 'em!!!
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

she better not do too much pink, or your gonna have to take it from her. come on rod, we all see it, just come out of the closet so we can all congradulate you on being honest with your self and us.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

:lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

hey nick does that speah sound firmiliar? i remember when i gave you that same speach. i was sooo happy you desided to be honest and come truthfull.

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ok so on a serious note. i have been wanting a project woo. my origional plan was to (hopefully one day) get a hatch lanos with a blown engine and swap the engine from the sedan to it. but i got thinking and i do have the shell of my red lanos at my moms. should i start tinkering with it? it needs EVERY THING. needs engine tranny, suspension, brakes, body work, interior, adn prolly more than i can remember. its it worth it or do you guys think its a lost cause?

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Lol nick, was still a bit tipsy but it wasnt because of the drink i was spelling bad, batteries ran low on the wireless keyboard and i couldnt be arsed correcting all the mistakes. All good now, stole some batteries from work lol. :)
SAZ
---------------------
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

skinner as far as having a project car. if it needs all that i say it'll cost more to buy all the parts than to just buy another woo. unless you wanna take a very long time to do it buying a few pieces at a time and take a couple of years to get it done at least halfway.

Piro, sure blame it on the batteries. oh and THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well the worst part of the body is the rear drivers side quarter pannel.
(see how its pushed in, thats from when i got side swiped)
ther than that the body just needs a lil TLC. the engine and tranny is something i wanted to change any way, since it was a 1.6 auto. i would like to make it a 2.0 or 2.2 and for sure a 5 speed. interior wise the only thing i would NEED is front door pannels. and i had the idea of a custom adjustable suspension and big disks all around to finishg off the corners. i dont know, it almost seems like every thing i want to do custom is what needs to be replaced any way.... we shall see if i keep up with this idea, i change my mind so often, in a week who knows what stupid idea ill have?

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

oh and my fiances dad paints custome cars so a really nice paint job wont cost me near what it should

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the dog leg on your quarter isn't bad at all. just need to take a dolly and hammer to it from what it looke like. if her dad does custom paint then he should know someone to do the minor body work to it. from the look of it now that i see it i say go for it bro. just take it slow and thorough.

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well if you remember when i lowerd that car i totaly fucked up the drivers side (long story for those who dont know) and he fixed it for me for free, he has a tach weld dent puller.
thats it after i fucked it up
mid-fix (thats the dent puler in the lower left corner, with the slide hammer)
after.

he is good. he take cars down to the bare shell, has them sand blasted and re does evert thing.

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

mofo, never mind getting the red woo looking nice or anything... get all the mechanical parts of it working... paint it mat black and make it a rally slag.

if its already lowered... never mind, if not keep standard springs... flare out the arches as far as physically possible.

get some super wide wheels... or do something about the track width.

strip anything u can from it. interior and exterior.

never mind an intake manifold... throttle bodies is what u want.

big exhaust, but not too loud.

driver side bucket seat... no other seats. and racing steering wheel... and racing harnesses.

skim the cylinder head for higher compression, so it idles as unstable as a rally car at 2000rpm

then put a daewootech decal on one side.

-that would be my dream weekend fun car.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well you see rod, it has no engine at all (its in the siver woo) and the tranny is totay shot. as of right now it has bad shocks and struts and stock springs under it, it needs tie rods and ball joints too. i would do that but i wouldnt have any where to drive it as i dont have any good tracks close to me, so thats sort of not an option.

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah i remember that. so then you'll be good to go with him doin the body work. so cosmetically you're good to go. just need to start buying parts here and there. i just need money to get mine running again. well it runs but still need to straighten the frame a tad then piece together the bumper and then pay however much i owe on it for registration. i never black flagged the tags so i'm sure i owe a few hundred just on that. plus paying back Chris too.

while i'm waiting on these slow ass ppl to tell me when to start in Houston i'm tryin to get me another job so i can make money to pay my bills and shit. got an interview with Carmax on wed so hopefully i'll get that.

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

couple hundo????? damn OK sucks, good luck on the interview.