The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Davinci_360

Re: The longest Thread ever!!!

Post by Davinci_360 »

I try to stop in a couple times a month ... mostly looking up information for my project car, but it's always nice to see old familiar people on here - the die-hard Daewoo enthusiasts!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

exist3nce wrote:
PrecisionBoost wrote:BUMP.... sad that it's been three months without a single conversation...
Serious ghost town here.. :(
honestly I barely see Daewoo's on the street anymore, a lanos here or there but never a nubira or leganza

In fact the number of Optra's has gone down significantly as well, I blame the timing belt, people are lazy and or don't want to spend money and the stealerships charge an arm and a leg for what is a very simple job with a very inexpensive part.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

PrecisionBoost wrote:
honestly I barely see Daewoo's on the street anymore, a lanos here or there but never a nubira or leganza

In fact the number of Optra's has gone down significantly as well, I blame the timing belt, people are lazy and or don't want to spend money and the stealerships charge an arm and a leg for what is a very simple job with a very inexpensive part.

Yah same around here in Toronto too... barely any Daewoos at all, and the number of Optras is declining constantly. When I do see one, it's often in very poor shape, used and abused :( I guess people are just driving them as beater cars now considering they are worth next to nothing... makes me a little sad about mine with all the work I put into it.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Hi guys, I'm still around and take a quick look sometimes, the lemans is still alive but no budget for that.

Hope you all have a great 2016!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

BUMP FOR 2016
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Chris is the Fort McMurray wildfire near you?

You guys ok?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

so no one asked, but I tried getting back on here for the past few months with no results.... I thought the site had died!! So, fast forward to today, and I look at my shortcut and figure I'll give it a shot and....... it's still here!!! I am thrilled! Perhaps it was because I just had to have my Woo in the shop yesterday for some bearings, but anyway, she's still kicking and rolling onward. I know most of the old timers are gone, but see by some questions answered that Daniel, Efrain and Precision boost are around. At least now I know if I get a stumper I can ask and someone can help! thanks for keeping it alive guys!
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Puddle31 wrote:so no one asked, but I tried getting back on here for the past few months with no results.... I thought the site had died!! So, fast forward to today, and I look at my shortcut and figure I'll give it a shot and....... it's still here!!! I am thrilled! Perhaps it was because I just had to have my Woo in the shop yesterday for some bearings, but anyway, she's still kicking and rolling onward. I know most of the old timers are gone, but see by some questions answered that Daniel, Efrain and Precision boost are around. At least now I know if I get a stumper I can ask and someone can help! thanks for keeping it alive guys!
I come here sometime but traffic is very light now. I still own my 160.000km 2000 Nubira that I use daily.
Keep posting if any question. Will try to answer if in my knowledge.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

Thanks Daniel. I'm still moving along, I think about 156K miles on the 2001 Lanos. Almost time for another timing belt package. Just had some bearings done and had to replace some brake lines in the rear. I guess that's not too bad. the longer she goes the better!
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Puddle31 wrote:Thanks Daniel. I'm still moving along, I think about 156K miles on the 2001 Lanos. Almost time for another timing belt package. Just had some bearings done and had to replace some brake lines in the rear. I guess that's not too bad. the longer she goes the better!
Do you mean rigid brake pipes? Steel/copper/cupro-nickel used?
Because I think I have to replace them soon since my last MOT revealed corrosion on them. I would like to know if it is doable without pit or lift bridge. I have to work with jacks & stands.
Any comments/pictures appreciated.
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

Yes, the rigid lines. they were the cupro nickel I think, or steel. it was hard to tell by the pieces I had. I blew a hole in one of the rear lines, fixed it, then bleeding them out blew another. Basically everything from the firewall back had to be replaced. they were in horrible shape. I can't believe they held up as long as they did, as I live near salt water the cars whole life. they run in a channel on the passenger side and it's a long straight run to get to the rear, then you have a lot of bending. I think you could do it with jacks and stands but I didn't have the equipment to do the bends or splice into the good lines in the front. it took the mech a lot of labor, not much on the parts. I could not find a connection to tie into all the way to the cylinder and there was no way I could have gotten it from under the car up to the master cylinder, around the motor. if you can tie onto good line in the front, you could probably do it.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Thanks for info. Much appreciated.
Will do pics if I make the job.