Interesting OEM Lanos options

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

2woo4you0

Interesting OEM Lanos options

Post by 2woo4you0 »

The guy I've gotten most of my OEM spare parts from told me about some OEM parts that I'm interested in. I was wondering if anyone knew the year, style, and trim they came on or if they were even available in the US. If not what Country? Better yet a place to buy them new/used would be great. Some of them I've seen new and the price isn't bad but just more than I'd like to spend for something not needed and so small. Post if you have any of these available or information. As well as if you know of any other parts like say map lights or a passenger sun visor with personal mirror. *Edit: I'm also going to add some Sport pieces as I thought it could be good reference for some people* Here they are:

---Headlight/turn signal stalk w/ fog light switch. Purpose? To add fog lights without adding a ugly switch or wiring them into the headlights. I've found it for the Aveo, would that work? Also interested in one for the forenza/reno.

---Windshield wiper stalk w/ adjustable rear wiper. Purpose? To add an adjustable rear wiper with 2 or 3 speeds. I almost never use the rear wiper cuz it's too fast for almost any rain even in hard rain on the freeway you're going too fast for much water to get on it. I'd also be interested if there was a stalk that had more speeds for the front, I think mine has 3 speeds.

---Fuel Door popper w/ trunk popper. Purpose? To add a trunk release to my Lanos hatch. I have an extra fuel popper I was going to use but this would be much better. It mounts in the same place as the fuel door popper and is even the same piece it just has another level on it for the trunk.

---Cruise Control? was it ever available? If so is it like the Reno where everything needed is there except the actual stalk? With the Reno I just went to a junk yard, found the stalk and installed it. Cost $30 and took no time to do.

---Sunroof. I know nothing about this option, not even where the controls are mounted?

---Sport body pieces & Wheels. Front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts. The front or rear bumpers use different side marker/driving lights than the non sport for anyone changing to Sport bumpers you'll need to get he side indicators too. It's just the front or rear if I remember correctly, not sure which but I don't think both. The bumpers bolt right up but the side skirts don't. The sport has square holes for those annoying white clips that always break for mounting the sports side skirt. The sport also has some decent looking alloy wheels with Daewoo logo center caps.

---Sport Interior. Front bucket seats, rear seat, all door panels, dash, center console, and a few other bits. The seats are vinyl, black with red as well as the door panels. The door panels have the power windows/locks versus the non-sport having the controls in the center console. All sport models came with power options I think. The center console is black with silver trim vs the non-sports (dark?)-grey with NO silver trim. The Sport models center console is the same as the non-sport model that didn't come equipped with power options although it's darker (Either black or dark-grey) than the non-sport model. Some other bits include basic interior body panels but the only difference is some of them are darker, black instead of (dark?)-grey, the trunk interior panels being some of those I think.

If you want to know exact differences between Sport/non sport and what all the sport models got let me know as I have access to both.
Last edited by 2woo4you0 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
buddha102
Expert

Re: Interesting OEM Lanos options I don't have...

Post by buddha102 »

I think ur missing sunroof too... I've seen some in the junkyards.
2woo4you0

Re: Interesting OEM Lanos options I don't have...

Post by 2woo4you0 »

buddha102 wrote:I think ur missing sunroof too... I've seen some in the junkyards.
Lol true but I wouldn't want to bother doing that. It'd probably be easier to sell the non-sunroof equipped Lanos for one.

I still can't find the dual trunk/gas cap popper. I want it more than anything as I hate using the key and would like to shave the key hole. I can't find a damn Lanos SPORT fog light hole inserts WITH fog lights...only the inserts without the fog lights.

The guy that told me about some of the parts realized he actually had a spare windshield wiper stalk with the rear ADJUSTABLE wiper. I borrowed it to try to install it. Everything is the same except it has two extra wires coming out of it and I can't find the socket on the cars side to plug it in. The guy told me it should be there as car manufacturers usually have most of everything needed for every available option even if the car didn't come with it. He has a Lanos that didn't come with it and we're install the sport dash into it in a couple weeks so we're going to look for the plug then.

It's a little mod but if I can't get it then I'm just going to remove the rear wiper. Even though we have heavy monsoons here the back window just doesn't get enough rain (b/c when driving w/ wind) to use. Since the R wiper can only be on in full force it just ends up dragging making that horrible noise after a second.

The guy also found the fog light stalks brand new and bought a few so I may buy one from him. I'm just not sure how easy it'll be to wire up aftermarket fogs to. Going through factory wiring throughout the car is never a fun project.
benzino
Expert

Re: Interesting OEM Lanos options

Post by benzino »

why don't you just use a solenoid for the hatch?
that way you can add it to remote control or even just a button somewhere
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
2woo4you0

Re: Interesting OEM Lanos options

Post by 2woo4you0 »

benzino wrote:why don't you just use a solenoid for the hatch?
that way you can add it to remote control or even just a button somewhere
I like the OEM look. Plus I'm unsure what remote I'll be going with for an alarm but I like simple. With remote start, alarm/keyless entry those two buttons maybe all I want. If I'm in the car I like using a trunk release if I'm walking up to the car, say with groceries I don't mind just using a key much.

If I can't do it with the OEM popper then I don't want to bother either. I think it would be really nice but my Lanos trunk is fairly full of subs and hatch shelf speakers and I take my other car if I need the trunk space.