Cleaning Fuel Injectors

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Isaac

Cleaning Fuel Injectors

Post by Isaac »

My brother is working on a Mazda MVP that a uncle sold him. The van has been sitting for the longest time. So my question is, how to clean the fuel injectors that are clogged up? He's pretty good with auto mechanics, I mean he works on 15million dollar air crafts. hes changed the fuel tank, and pump, and while trying to save money for the holidays and avoid $+/-75 per injector, is there any way possible to some how clean, or unclog, the injectors?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

go to a u-pull it junk yard, find a vehicle with the same injectors, place said injectors in pocket, walk out. exchange injectors in van with "new" ones.

or

if the van runs, pour some injector cleaner in the gas tank. of it doesnt run, have them ultrasonic cleaned. thats the only options i know of.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

daewoomofo wrote:go to a u-pull it junk yard, find a vehicle with the same injectors, place said injectors in pocket, walk out.

Here we call them Pick-N-Pull, same concept just different name.

if the van runs, pour some injector cleaner in the gas tank. of it doesnt run, have them ultrasonic cleaned. thats the only options i know of.[/quote]

Well for sure the van does run, its just the injectors are clogged up they are not spraying. About Ultrasonic cleaning not sure if anyone does it this beaner town.
I suppose there is the option of Mexico... seeing this is a border town......