Missing Wiring Harness Optra 5

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

10ego

Missing Wiring Harness Optra 5

Post by 10ego »

Well once again I turn to you guys for help as many other ocassions.
This is the problem, a few months ago I decided I want to put an amp and sub in the car, all went smoothly. Buy it, pay for install no problem.

Previous to the sub and amp I put a Pioneer aftermarket unit, which I bought in a different store. I was going the car one day and I noticed when I turn up the volume the stereo will give me an error. I went back to the amp guy and he showed me that the error was happening for a cable missing which disconnect.

So, having said this, we pulled the deck out and the Harness was missing!!!!!!!!!! As you hear. (The sub and amp work perfectly I connect the cable back).

Apparently the guy that install the stereo instead of puting one, cut the wires, now the question is...there is any way to put the a wiring harness back on?? Where the cables of the wiring harness are connected too?

I phoned the store and I have an appt this Wednesday so they put a harness back on, but the guy of the amp and sub told me the cable where too short, so is this really the case that a harness can be put back on?

Regards,

Diego
10ego @ Winterpeg
Optra 5
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

Ive cut wires too much before.. they can be corrected with wire connectors.. just get you some spare wire.. and if you will probably have to pull some of the other car parts out of the way to get enough wire to use a two ended connector.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I cut the wires in both my cars and have never had an issue with turning the volume up causing an error. The only time I had an issue was when I accidently used the wrong wire for power...my parking lights stayed on...I think it was a dimmer wire for the lights on the factory stereo or something but it had 12 volts. Anyway, check and see if they used the wrong wire...maybe the stereo isn't getting enough power and that's why it's giving you an error message. As long as the right wires are hooked to the stereo the harness really makes no difference...when you go with an aftermarket stereo the harness you plug into the factory one just blocks off the wires that aren't used...same as if you taped them off.

So, really unless you just want to put yourself through alot of pain...make sure the right wires go into the stereo first cause if they used the correct wires putting the harness back won't make a bit of difference.

Jimmy
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

Now if you still have the original Optra deck.. there are codes and the descriptions for the wires on a sticker on the old deck.. well thats what was on mine before i put the cd player in... and i used it to guide me through the splicing and etc.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
10ego

Post by 10ego »

There is no problem with the sub and amp now. When I went back to the guy who install it the deck was not getting enough power because a cable got disconnected. The only thing I was wondering is if the guys who install the deck would be able to put a harness and if they do, how do I connect the original stereo back If at some point I want to take the one that I have right now to a different car?

Cheers,

Diego
10ego @ Winterpeg
Optra 5
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Is the connector in the back of the stock stereo? if so you can just hook the wires back to it (use wire connectors that you can crimp and soder)...unless they were cut too close to it. The stereo shop should be able to guide you through it if you ever need to do that.

Jimmy
10ego

Post by 10ego »

I think the connector is in the back of the stock stereo. I phone the shop yesterday and they guy told me I need a reverse harness? Would that work?
10ego @ Winterpeg
Optra 5
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Reverse Harness? If he says so I guess....I've never heard of it. It might be easier than my way. The only way I've ever fixed that problem was to crimp the wires together to the old harness.

Jimmy