Speaker Size with pics front doors 1999 nubira 1 of 4

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Jsmith89

Speaker Size with pics front doors 1999 nubira 1 of 4

Post by Jsmith89 »

I go that bad boy out. But, I was not able to take off the door panel entirely, since I don't understand how the plastic holder in back of door handle comes out? Do I need to take out the door handle/lock by unclipping it somehow? But I was able to pry up the bottom half and that left me enough clearance to remove the speaker. Shots attached. I measured everything, speaker size, cone size, distance between mounting holes. You guys are smart, you will see what I did. Thanks!

[/img]
Jsmith89

Speaker Size with pics front doors 1999 nubira 2 of 4

Post by Jsmith89 »

here's more measurements.

Jsmith89

Speaker Size with pics front doors 1999 nubira 3 of 4

Post by Jsmith89 »

here's the third installment....

43som

Post by 43som »

remove the scrws all around the door trim, the the door handle part has a screw in it, then the plastic needs to be removed by pulling it up and out.
take off the a pillar pod (where the tweeter is) carefull unclipping this, then the door card will un clip out then push it up as it loops over into the window.

peice of cake
Djstickerbush

Re: Speaker Size with pics front doors 1999 nubira 1 of

Post by Djstickerbush »

Hey man, I have the same car and after struggling with the same problem for nearly 30 minutes, I found out that you can pop the plastic panel off from behind the handle, and when you get the panel off, you are gonna need to reach up and unscrew the power windows button from the armrest if you wanna move the panel more than 5 inches from the car. Also getting the panel back on around the windows is a pain in the ass, but it's doable. Also, if you haven't, take the screw out of the hole where you grab the door to close it. I know my reply is about 3 years too late, but i hope maybe I can help anyone else that runs across this.