Airbag light ... AGAIN!!!

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Airbag light ... AGAIN!!!

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I got my car back Feb 11th from the dealer when they replaced the airbag module under warranty.

The car was almost at 36,000 miles when I took it for service. It is now over 40,000 miles and it has not been 2 months yet and the air bag light is on AGAIN!!!

I went back to the dealer and they said the part itself has no warranty, even though it was a new part because I didn't buy it and it had been replaced under warranty.
They said had I bought the part, and not had it replaced under warranty, it would have a warranty of it's own.

Does this sound right or are they just trying to get out of replacing another faulty part??

Then to my shock and horror, they said the price of the new air bag module is almost $700 !!! :shock:

I am going to see if the air bag module from my 2000 Lanos parts car will fit. If not, I will need to get one from somewhere.

Anyone have an unneeded module they'd part with for less than an arm or a leg?

I checked car-parts.com and I can get a module for $44 that is a 4 hour drive away from my house.

Cliff
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

they are just trying to get out of replacing another faulty part for sure.

logically you paid for one functioning OEM module installed in the car when you paid for the whole car... that one turned out to be bad so they just replaced it with a new one and you paid nothing (thats what a warranty all about) and i am sure they took the bad module and didn't give it to you.

now it is happening again so i see no reason to why they shouldn't replace it again... you still didn't get the functional module that you paid for when you paid for the car!!

hell they should give you a one year warranty or so on that new module they installed... even if your car is out of warranty after 6 months for example; that module is still new and any faults that might develop afterwards is Daewoo's responsbility no yours.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

Good news for you on one thing though. I found someone else to test the airbag circuit in my Reno. :wink: A friend is in town and when I drove us to dinner I noticed that the Passenger Airbag is Off light went out while she was seated.

Rose
Light without shadow is blindness.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

CHNDROSE wrote:Good news for you on one thing though. I found someone else to test the airbag circuit in my Reno. :wink: A friend is in town and when I drove us to dinner I noticed that the Passenger Airbag is Off light went out while she was seated.

Rose
The Lanos does not have a passanger sensor in the seat so weataher there is someone in the seat or not makes no differance.

The only other way that could be good news to me is if your friend who in town visiting you is single, cute, twenty-something and lives a few hours north of you (near me). LOL :P

Next: take the air bag module out of my parts Lanos and see if the 2000 module will work in a 2002 car ... it should and I really hope I don't end up blowing the bags by putting an older box in!!! If I do blow the bags, well then I'll just have to use the 2000 bags with the 2000 control module in my car! LOL

Cliff
wessock
Junior

Re: Airbag light ... AGAIN!!!

Post by wessock »

So I read that you were going to swap airbag computers from 2 different year Lanoses. I was going to do the same on my Lanos but then saw that there are 3 different part numbers depending on your VIN range. Did you do it, and do you remember if the part numbers were different and if it worked? The one I got from a wrecker is a different part number from the one that's in my car. I don't want to end up setting off my airbags just to get the annoying light to go away. Thanks.
lovely09

Post by lovely09 »

I can't believe this,it doesn't reach 2 months and the problem happen again.I had the issue once and brought it to the dealer.It's now 4 months 82k miles,airbag is good.
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

so how do you fix the airbag light? @.@
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Mine is on as well. Only the dealer can reset the light. The light will not just go away nor can a simple ECU scanner reset the light.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

Mine has been on too..... any way to get rid of it other than having a dealer take your first born to do it?
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

im tempted and thinking about going through the wiring and umm... unplugging/cutting somewires.. down?
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well wolfy if your jsut gonna half ass it why not just pull the damn buld in stead of rapeing your wireing harness?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

very great question... b.c then i can tell whats connected on the air bag circuit.
i did it for my A/C and found out there's a such thing as a pressure sensor. >.< boy did i feel stupid.
~wolf

ty for the advice

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake