alarm

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanosguy

alarm

Post by lanosguy »

does anyone have any suggestions of an alarm and immobiliser for my lanos that i can add a remote start to if and when I want to?
like the lanos
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Avital has a nice system with remote start for around $300. Avital is the same company as clifford.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

asam wrote:Avital has a nice system with remote start for around $300. Avital is the same company as clifford.
I was going to say Clifford. An alarm is definately not something you want to cut corners on. Go out and buy the best, it may save you more than once.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

yeah, I was thinking about the clifford, but never got round to looking at them, lol.
like the lanos
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Anybody have a website for clifford?
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

The best company is DEI Electronics (directed). This is the company that makes Clifford. They in turn also make avital. The both use dei components. The difference is in the remote. I have an avital and it is loud, sensitive and dependable. All the components say Dei on them. I would recommend that upon putting in a aftermarket alarn system you put in an alarm backup battery. This ensures great protection.

Good hunting,

Alex
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

whome ever is willing to look please tell me witch one is good to buy thanks

http://search.ebay.com/clifford-alarm_W ... ageZsearch

Here is the main website www.directed.com
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

They all look like older models. The best thing is to get it installed by professionals. They would also know which alarm would be best in your situation. Dei is viper, clifford, avital. they are all good.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

When I install my alarm, it will be a Viper with remote start and the two way tranciever remote with the LCD display showing which part of the car alarm has been activated.

And I very highly recomend that you have a professional install the alarm system.

I do NOT recomend that you have Best Buy or Circuit City install the alarm.

When you are ready to invest in a GOOD alarm system, call the manufacturer and have them recomend a good installer in your area.
If they tell you Best Buy or Circuit City (which I don't think they will), tell them you want some other installer.
Even if you have to drive a little farther, it will be worth it.

Even with my knowledge of electronics and automotive electrical systems, for something such as a good alarm system, I prefer a knowledgable technician to install it. That way, if there is anything wrong with the alarm itself, it will have the full manufacturer's warranty and the installer's quality of installation service warranty. Any good installation shop will warrant their work as well as honor the manufacturer's warranty.

Best of all, most car insurance companies give a discount to those who show proof of a professionally installed alarm system.
Check with your insurance to find out. :)

Cliff
Uncle Mocker

Re:

Post by Uncle Mocker »

asam wrote:The best company is DEI Electronics (directed). This is the company that makes Clifford. They in turn also make avital. The both use dei components. The difference is in the remote. I have an avital and it is loud, sensitive and dependable. All the components say Dei on them. I would recommend that upon putting in a aftermarket alarn system you put in an back up alarm battery. This ensures great protection.

Good hunting,

Alex
hello there mate! I know that my post here is too late and I do apologize for that. By the way thanks for this information. I'll search here online for DEI electronics. I want to put parts to my car that will make it secure and safe. My car alarm was not that sensitive as of now and I preferred that sensitivity is high for safety reasons. Thanks.
benzino
Expert

Re: alarm

Post by benzino »

kill spam... very subtle with the link in the quote. I nearly missed it!!
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~