Aftermarket Handles in a 2001 Daewoo Lanos.

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

LeoTheLion89

Aftermarket Handles in a 2001 Daewoo Lanos.

Post by LeoTheLion89 »

My Lanos has Manual Windows. My Lanos also lacks the dash clock. Here is what i want to to.

I want to put on aftermarket window cranks. How do i remove the Factory Cranks?
I want to add the clock. Will my car have the 6 pin plug that goes into the back of the clock?
I have already added Aftermaket Pedals and Shift knob. I want to add a matching Ebrake handle too. How do i remove the stock ebrake handle?

Aftermarket Shift Knob:
Aftermarket Pedals:
DaewooDriver

Vehicles:
2001 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan
2001 Chevrolet Impala LS
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: Aftermarket Handles in a 2001 Daewoo Lanos.

Post by Rodd1s »

LeoTheLion89 wrote:My Lanos has Manual Windows. My Lanos also lacks the dash clock. Here is what i want to to.

I want to put on aftermarket window cranks. How do i remove the Factory Cranks?
I want to add the clock. Will my car have the 6 pin plug that goes into the back of the clock?
I have already added Aftermaket Pedals and Shift knob. I want to add a matching Ebrake handle too. How do i remove the stock ebrake handle?
Window handles... there's a horse shoe-shaped "thing" that holds it in place - can be pushed/prised out using a flat screw driver or any other long flat shaped tool. Kinda hard to explain, but have a very close look in the gap between the handle and the doorcard and you'll see what I mean. I found out be trial and error and sheer force. I don't recommend force if you want to put it back together again.

By the clock, do you meant the digital one that should sit next to the hazard light switch? I thought all Lanos versions had the same dash layout? Can you get a picture up?
Either way, easiest way to tell is remove whatever part of the dash where it should sit and see if there's a cable/plug tucked away.

As for the handbrake handle, I think those are machine molded on there - you'd have to cut/hack/annihilate it to get it off.

Hope that's of some help.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
LeoTheLion89

Re: Aftermarket Handles in a 2001 Daewoo Lanos.

Post by LeoTheLion89 »

Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't respond sooner. I couldn't login. The dash layout is the same the clock WOULD be where you stated it is, I am just wondering if the connector for the clock is there on Lanos' that didn't have a clock or have one installed as a dealer option.
DaewooDriver

Vehicles:
2001 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan
2001 Chevrolet Impala LS