Wire Low beams to stay on with High beams - Nubira 2002

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jahaddow

Wire Low beams to stay on with High beams - Nubira 2002

Post by jahaddow »

Hi there, I have a 2002 nubira with the projector headlamps. I'm trying to wire the Low beams to stay on when the High beams are turned on, because I have a xenon Hid kit in the low beams. Here is the wiring diagram, just wondering if anyone would be able to work out how to do it?
Attachments
headlight diagram.jpg
Headlight Wiring diagram
(255.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Daniel
Expert

Re: Wire Low beams to stay on with High beams - Nubira 2002

Post by Daniel »

In theory you can try by connecting 5 & 6 of C1 switch.

BUT, in practice you have to check that all the wiring, relay(s), connector(s), switche(s),... involved in this modification can support without problem the extra current for 4 headlamps.

Take care not burning your car. It's up to you.
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: Wire Low beams to stay on with High beams - Nubira 2002

Post by Rodd1s »

The other problem is the amount of heat that's emitted from having high and low beams on for prolonged periods of time - they can literally make headlights melt (and it will significantly shorten the lifespan of the bulb if it's like a H4 type where both filaments are in the single bulb, but that would not apply if you have separate bulbs for high and low) where cars have plastic/polycarbonate headlight lenses/covers. Considering the internal parts of the headlight is mostly plastic, too, that will be impacted as well.

The best way around getting more high intensity light in front of the car is either converting to HID or adding spot lights - like what's found on rally cars and on the roof bars of some off-road vehicles. You can always add spot lights to the front bumpers, like those found on early Subaru Imprezas.

Fog lights can also be adapted as spot lights by opening them and removing the internal shield that reflects the light downward.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.