live ignition cable

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ivorthomas

live ignition cable

Post by ivorthomas »

Hi Folks I am trying to locate a "live" when ignition on "dead" when ignition off cable IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT This is to "run" day driving lights They are LEDs and very low power usage. I dont want to start trying to feed to the inside of the car I have been stabbing various cables under the fuse box with no sucsess any help please. Thanks
Daniel
Expert

Re: live ignition cable

Post by Daniel »

ivorthomas wrote:Hi Folks I am trying to locate a "live" when ignition on "dead" when ignition off cable IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT This is to "run" day driving lights They are LEDs and very low power usage. I dont want to start trying to feed to the inside of the car I have been stabbing various cables under the fuse box with no sucsess any help please. Thanks
If you give us make and model of your car it will be more easy to answer you.
Or locate power to ignition coil. This is "line 15 IGNITION 1".
Or power after fuel pump relay.
ivorthomas

Re: live ignition cable

Post by ivorthomas »

Thanks Daniel It is a 2004 tacuma . I have found a cable ( by an endless "game" of checking each wire) it is a power supply to the engine control relay. I have spliced into it and the driving lights are perfect with NO faults or problems to any other accessories. It is fuse controlled so if a problem was to occur the fuse is the first line of defence. Sorry for not getting back sooner but I had NOT set the "inform by email" Thanks again my friend. Ivor