I fear for my sanity HELP

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

patdoll

I fear for my sanity HELP

Post by patdoll »

Hi everybody,
I have just bought a minter of a 2003 daewoo kalos (60k miles and full service history) but as soon as I put the key in the ignition it starts bonging and it is driving me insane. How can I disable this before I crack up competely.Every other car I have had didnt have this feature or it was easily disabled.HELP

Yours
Patdoll
benzino
Expert

Re: I fear for my sanity HELP

Post by benzino »

just put your seatbelt on before you put the key in the ignition...
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
patdoll

Post by patdoll »

Benzino,
That answer is not a lot of help.Seatbelt or no seatbelt it bongs when the key is put into the ignition and I want to disable it.If you dont know the answer, dont answer the question,
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

patdoll wrote:Benzino,
That answer is not a lot of help.Seatbelt or no seatbelt it bongs when the key is put into the ignition and I want to disable it.If you dont know the answer, dont answer the question,
Remove the connector from the chime bell module to quiet it.

Your above comment was not nice because it was the first good suggestion to give since you haven't stated that the alert was present with seat belt buckled.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

I thought the only time the chime was present was for seat belt and headlights?

Maybe the seat belt sensor has been tampered by someone who doesn't know what they were doing and we're trying to stop the chime.

If that's the case, as Daniel said, remove the chime module connector :)
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

if you are lookig for help patdoll you may not want to just fire a shotgun at the first person who tries to help you..... just sayin'. the guys on this site may be the best friends your car will ever have. I wouldn't burn that bridge before you get started.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Puddle31 wrote:if you are lookig for help patdoll you may not want to just fire a shotgun at the first person who tries to help you..... just sayin'. the guys on this site may be the best friends your car will ever have. I wouldn't burn that bridge before you get started.
+1

Is the bong-ing only present when the driver door is open or when you close it as well?

We've had two Kalos' in our household and I know the noise you're talking about, it is quite annoying, but I'm sure there's a cure for it - and I think it's along the lines of:

IF key in ignition AND driver door open, it thinks you're about to disembark, and is a reminder to remove your key and take it with your so as to not let it be locked inside the car by some accident.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

patdoll wrote:Benzino,
Benzino's answer is perfectly valid in relation to the Lanos (a car he owns), where if you don't have a seat belt on and the ignition is turned on it bongs for a few seconds - easily an assumption can be made that this relates to similar vehicles (as the Kalos is the Lanos' replacement, so to speak) as you did not give a clear enough description of the source of your annoyance in the first place.

Furthermore, never gun down a helpful, even though general, reply to a vague (if not somewhat ignorant) question for it may come into good use sometime in the future.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
NubiraTurbo

Post by NubiraTurbo »

This probably won't help, but I was in an accident with my Nubira. Had only mild body damage, but anyways, after that it never bonged again??? Also, before that i was also annoyed with the bonging and traced the unit. When I unplugged it, the hazards stopped working (only hazards, flickers worked), so I plugged it in again.
Nubira 2.0 Turbo
Lanos 1.5
Alfa 156 2.0 TS
Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Focus 2.0 TDCi