Keyless entry programming

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rrob311

Keyless entry programming

Post by rrob311 »

I have a 2001 Lanos. I am not sure if I can add a keyless transmitter but it has power locks. I bought the car without a transmitter. I would like a factory transmitter. How can I tell if the car is equipped with the proper electronics? Does anyone know how to program in new key fobs for this? I also have a 00 Leganza that I would like to add a second key fob.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Re: Keyless entry programming

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

The transmitters have to be programmed, all together, by a repair shop or service center that has the electronic equipment necessary as the whole system has to be programmed, including all keys, at the same time.

For example, if you know your Daewoo has keyless entry, but have lost the transmitters or have only 1 working transmitter and buy a new one, all the transmitters and the car have to be reprogrammed at the same time by the service center that has the equipment to do the programming.

Another option is, if your car has power locks, you can have aftermarket keyless entry added.

My car came with no power locks, so I added the wiring, solenoids and fabricated everything to give the car power locks. I then added a keyless entry module into the power lock system's wiring.

If you need more information, I'm sure it can be found or I can spend some time looking for it.

Good luck!

Cliff