ECM system layout - all sensors

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rkoomans

ECM system layout - all sensors

Post by rkoomans »

We have had trouble with our 1999 Daewoo Nubira Eurowagon 1.6L manual since an overhaul caused by a broken timing belt. Now we have to adjust a sensor at the LH back of the intake manifold every now and then when the idle rises above 1000RPM (up to 3000 so far) - where are all the sensors on a diagram, and which does what, as I am trying to figure out the cause. I don't think the ECU module is at fault, as it is inconsistent. Does anyone have a manual showing the sensors, and a description of them?
Daniel
Expert

Re: ECM system layout - all sensors

Post by Daniel »

Do you mean idle air control (IAC) valve when you write
...adjust a sensor at the LH back of the intake manifold every now and then when...
?
Idle Air Control valve.jpg
If this is the "sensor" it is not adjustable as it regulates idle under control of ECU. Clean or replace it since there is no adjustment on this item.

For your problem I would suspect a air leak (vacuum) somewhere at intake of engine. This can be intake manifold gasket, injector Oring, slit in hose or everything vacuum related.
Just ask google "detecting intake manifold leak" to know how to check this.

Hope it helps,
rkoomans

Re: ECM system layout - all sensors

Post by rkoomans »

We have taken off the Idle Control Sensor again, and found out that Mechanics may have lost the "O" ring shown on the photo! - But the sensor CAN be adjusted back to start phase, by pulling on the valve until it stops. Anyhow, so far the idle has remained stable. But we will watch out for any possible vacuum leaks, and the only other area apart from the manifold gaskets (New fitted), seems to be the rubber vacuum hose (12 years old!) and valve from the manifold to the Brake booster. If it happens again, this will be next for replacement. However, we have to watch our $$$, as this car is only worth about $2900 locally.