Installing keyless system install, how to, HELP, with photos

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

LanosT

Installing keyless system install, how to, HELP, with photos

Post by LanosT »

Hello i always am doing something different to my lanos, i painted internal mask, instal 4*6 rear speakers, hook up neon light with sound response and other thing,
and now i am trying to install keyless entry, but i dont know much about electric components.

So i would be very happy if someone could tell me wich wires goes where. I understand that you can hook keyless system direct to your main door for central locking? I guess this is drivers door.

So therefore i took some photos to be more clear, also manual sheet is provided - but it is very confused for me ;).
PLEEEEESE HELP :)
Attachments
door.jpg
stripped door
(213.83 KiB) Downloaded 817 times
navoilakeyless.jpg
Manual that came along
(230.94 KiB) Downloaded 817 times
keylessmodul.jpg
keyless modul purchased from ebay
(54.44 KiB) Downloaded 817 times
LanosT

Re: Installing keyless system install, how to, HELP, with ph

Post by LanosT »

And another 2 photos
Attachments
lockingsystem.jpg
locking system inside
(92.78 KiB) Downloaded 816 times
doorelectronic.jpg
Some electronic stuff in the middle of the door
(105.56 KiB) Downloaded 816 times
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

so your car already has central locking from the factory and you are wanting to add the keyless element, or are you installing central locking from scratch?

if you are installing the kit to an existing system, you have to work out how the factory actuators are activated (i.e. ground signal or +ve signal) this can be done by putting power to one wire and ground to the other and seeing if it unlocks or locks and vice versa.

you then need to work out how the aftermarket actuators are activated using the same technique.

when you figure that out, all you need to do is splice the aftermarket kit wires into the factory wires to the actuators and you should have keyless entry (after hooking up all the other wires too of course)

if you are adding the system (no factory central locking) just follow the instructions and play around with it

good luck
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
LanosT

Post by LanosT »

Yes i will be instaling this keyless modul (on pricture above) onto factory central locking.

I was hoping that someone has done this, and would tell me, exactly wich car wire i have to strip and wich keyless modul wire i have to connect it to.

I thing that if we look (doorelectronic.jpg) there are 3 wires that are going to locking of the door (to left) , white, sky blue and black. (others that are not going towards locking are probably for electronic glass movment) . SO ONE WIRE FOR UNLOCK, ONE FOR LOCK AND GROUND??? :doubt: :roll: .

How can i try how the factory actuators work ? (something with 9V battery ?? :) ) THX :)
LanosT

Post by LanosT »

Ohh i forgot the central locking/unlocking works only with drivers door.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

So you have only the remote module since actuators (central locking) are already factory installed in your doors.

1)You have to know where are the two command wires (unlock/lock) that are coming from driver door's key switch to central locking relay. Those are generaly thin wires. In Daewoo Lanos schematics those are Sky Blue (Sb) & White (W).

2)You have to know where are the lock & unlock wires on your module. Try placing two bulbs (12v/5w), one between sky blue & black, another between white & black. Connect your module to 12v and check.

Here is the schematic for Lanos. Note that the wire colors may differ depending of country!
power door lock lanos.JPG

For information only! Central locking relay 96312298 on my Nubira.
P1030326 (600 x 450).jpg

Hope it helps,
rushh

Post by rushh »

Dear All,
I would like to re-live this thread for some support. I seen you guys giving advice on a similar situation I am in now.
I have read and tried some of the hints/advices given here however i came across some problems.

mines a daewoo lanos 1999 -

I have an after keyless entry module.
After tapping the keyless entry into power (red) and negative (black) i begin following the steps given here to find the lock/unlock wires that goes to the drivers door.

the circuit diagrams of the keyless entry and factory installed central locking circuit diagrams are quite simple to follow. however i had some funny response while testing it after connecting all wires. (I only connect power, negative, lock & unlock) to test -

issue:
1. when all doors are locked, i touch a test light connected from ground to sky blue(drivers door unlock) - all doors would unlock expect for the drivers door.
2. when all doors are unlocked, i touch a test light connected from gound to white(drivers door lock) - all doors would lock except for the drivers door.

I have also tried flipping the lock/unlock wires from keyless entry, as in trying both ways and flippin it either white or brown (from keyless entry module) to sky blue or white (central locking module) or vice versa. still the same. does not work. the remote would only be able to either lock/unlock all doors except for drivers door only ones. its like ther is a flip flop kinda thing goin on with the drivers door.

help me please... :)
Attachments
Keyless entry circuit.JPG
(98.48 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Car central locking circuit.JPG
(90.08 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hi rushh,

Some Lanos just dosn't have driver door actuator.
Lanos central lock.JPG
Hope it helps,
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Also, if the door is open, the driver's door won't lock. This is to prevent locking your keys inside.
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
rushh

Post by rushh »

mine is a 5 door daewoo - well actually 4 doors and the back :) hehe (5 door hatchback model similar to the service manual circuit diagram i attached above)

anyhow, i actually sat in the car, shut d doors and then tried.
I keeps going nuts. I am not sure.

Im very sure though that the driver side, has an actuator some sort like a master actuator that sends signal to all to either lock/unlock.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

5 door hatch back is also concerned.
5door HB.JPG
an actuator some sort like a master actuator that sends signal to all to either lock/unlock.
That's the reverse. There is a master switch in driver door that send open/close signal to central locking relay that send open/close signal to actuators.
To be 100% sure remove inside door panel and have a close look.
Or maybe your driver door actuator is shot.

Hope it helps
rushh

Post by rushh »

going to open d drivers door panel and have a look at it.

im not sure if its shot (has the central locking without the keyless entry works perfect)

Il update soon. Thanks again peeps
rushh

Post by rushh »

Daniel wrote:5 door hatch back is also concerned.
5door HB.JPG
an actuator some sort like a master actuator that sends signal to all to either lock/unlock.
That's the reverse. There is a master switch in driver door that send open/close signal to central locking relay that send open/close signal to actuators.
To be 100% sure remove inside door panel and have a close look.
Or maybe your driver door actuator is shot.

Hope it helps

Yeap - it is now confirmed that the driver side door does not have an actuator - only a send/receive lock/unlock signal.
after removing the earthing of that master switch on drivers door, the keyless entry works fine for all other doors now

new part - need to purchase a master actuator and fit into driver side door.

any advice on hooking up the master actuator to the factory central locking module. do i just follow two wires that signals lock and unlock to driver side master actuator and then 2 the other tap into the standard lock/unlock wires that also goes to all other doors ?
master actuator that i previously saw has 4 wires coming out of it.