Black squishy "button" under spare tire.

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Protokiller

Black squishy "button" under spare tire.

Post by Protokiller »

There is a large button under the spare tire with the daewoo logo, it is very soft and can push in far, what is this for?
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Black squishy "button" under spare tire.

Post by daewooluvr »

Protokiller wrote:There is a large button under the spare tire with the daewoo logo, it is very soft and can push in far, what is this for?
it's a rubber drain plug
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

i use them to sweep dust etc out of the boot space... its just a rubber plug to cover up a hole in the floor.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Protokiller wrote:There is a large button under the spare tire with the daewoo logo, it is very soft and can push in far, what is this for?
Don't remove it or you'll fall on the dark side of the Whoooooooo :lol:
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

that plug will allow you to drain out all the water from the leaks in the hatchback!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Puddle31 wrote:that plug will allow you to drain out all the water from the leaks in the hatchback!
guess that explains your forum username LOL

Mine doesn't leak.

Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

actually mine doesn't leak either. It's about the only thing that doesn't leak on my 2000 Lanos. Actually the way I found this site was because of the air conditioning problem and the wet passenger side floor. At least I got that problem fixed. If only i could keep the CEL extinguished.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Puddle31 wrote:actually mine doesn't leak either. It's about the only thing that doesn't leak on my 2000 Lanos. Actually the way I found this site was because of the air conditioning problem and the wet passenger side floor. At least I got that problem fixed. If only i could keep the CEL extinguished.
pass. floor wetness issue, check the cool tube that goes to the blower motor to make sure it's not disconnected or cracked.

Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

yep, got the fix here. I would have never found that tube on my own. Now if I could fix the oil leak I have near the timing belt......

it looks like a fitting had an "o" ring that blew. I can see the remnants of the ring and what looks like a compression fitting on an oil line. It only uses about 1 quart per 2,000 miles, but it looks like it's leaking alot. It''s also just in front of the timing and accessory belts so I am afraid it is going to damage those belts. I just ordered another timing belt kit on E-Bay to replace it. I figure it will be cheaper to do the oil leak fix and timing belt replacement all at the same time while it is apart. My car actually came from a dealer in your neck of the woods, in Lebanon/Lancaster. I may need to bring it that way to get it fixed again! The next state over no one seems to know anything about them. I learned more in this site and these guys did more to help me than any place I hav3e tried to take it. I did more of the stuff myself than I was able to get help for, an dI don't even know what I am doing. This will be the 2nd timing belt change. I'm at around 96,000.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Oh wow where are ya from? There are no "dealer" around here anymore. There's a Toyota dealership in Lanco that used to sell them and I can still go to and order parts but it's been a few years so I'm not sure if they do that anymore.

Best bet from what everyone else is saying it try a chevy dealership.

Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

New jersey. I dont' even bother with dealers any more. they laugh when you tell them what you have. I look on here first, then try to find parts and then figure out how to break it myself. I would just as soon do that than pay to have them learn on it. I used to get parts on that Daewoous.com site but that doesn't work any more. the site comes up but none of the tabs. also, they dont' return calls and the # goes to voice mail. that's where I got my first timing belt kit. i got this one from E-Bay. it was half the cost, but i hope it's decent quality.