Leather interior for Lanos

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

r4vi

Leather interior for Lanos

Post by r4vi »

Hi all,

I'm pulling the factory seat covers off my seats and sending them to ProSeat here in Oz to have a template made.

They will do a "reborn leather" kit (4 seats with all instructions on how to fit myself) for my baby for AUD $595 inc postage within Australia, including door panel material. $1595 posted in Italian Leather. It's a direct replacement for the existing velour factory covers, not a "slip on" job.

"reborn leather" is recycled leather bonded to a backing and comes up bloody nicely for the money. MUCH nicer than vinyl IMHO, good reports on many forums. It is a popular choice nowadays for the big handbag manufacturers as it is supple, cheaper and wears well, requiring less maintenance. It doesn't breathe as well as leather though so recommend getting the perforated material for where your bum and back rest on seat.

If anyone is interested in ordering a set once the template is made, have a look at their website:

www.proseat.com.au

You can customise colours to your heart's desire.

P.S. Not affiliated in any way with ProSeat, just thought you guys might find it useful.
P.P.S. I am sure ProSeat would make templates for Nubira, Kalos etc if someone wants to send their cloth seat covers in...
There is no spoon
benzino
Expert

Re: Leather interior for Lanos

Post by benzino »

this is interesting...

let us know how you get along and how it turns out!!
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~