Carpet soaked from?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bluesheepbrian
Expert

Carpet soaked from?

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Sup, guys.
Got a friend who also like me got a Lanos. His is a 2002 turbo, with a/c and all the extras.
Problem is his carpet is always wet lately on the passenger side, not just damp, but like take off your shirt and ring it out drenched.
Was wondering were it might be coming from, was thinkin' A/C but do not
know how it could be.
And ideas?
Thanx, blu
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Being under the passenger side... I'm just guessing... A/C... i had that problem too... wait... i still have that problem
.... check up under his passenger side dash and see if you can see the leak
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Also make sure that it's water and not antifreeze. if it's antifreeze you'll need to check all the hoses going to the heater core and the actual heater core itself. Good luck and please tell us more of this Lanos turbo.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

like daewooluvr said chek heater core most probaly it is that :cry: hope not for you tbh cuase its a pain to replace those... need to take out the entire dash i think? (well leganza has that not 100% sure on lanos)
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

My heater cracked an pissed all over my passenger side. Lol. At first I was mad but then I realized, screw it, I'm in Florida, who needs a heater! But yes, I do belive the dash has to be taken out if you want to fix it. :?
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Well guys, he has it in the shop, I told them what you guys has said, and he said he was going to mention it to the mechanic. He wasn't going to let me touch it since it is still under warranty.
He was wondering if the carpets need replacing?
keep you guys posted it will be probably after a week....

After my wedding!!!!!

blu
E'ville Woo

Post by E'ville Woo »

I had the same problem but only after I used the a/c. It was a simple fix too. The drain; in the engine bay, for the a/c was cloged after I uncloged it I have not had this problem again.
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

E'ville Woo wrote:I had the same problem but only after I used the a/c. It was a simple fix too. The drain; in the engine bay, for the a/c was cloged after I uncloged it I have not had this problem again.

Well my friend said it was clogged and is fixed. He says thanx alot!!

You guys ROCK!!!
janjenny83

Re: Carpet soaked from?

Post by janjenny83 »

The air-conditioner might be the problem on that. You should ask him if the unit has a problem or there may be a leaking thing in the side. If it is just water then you can just do something to the tubes in the side.
online carpet