How hard is moving the engine bay fuse box?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Carr

How hard is moving the engine bay fuse box?

Post by Carr »

Hi all,

I have got a new battery for my stereo, but I forgot to measure my battery space and I need to make a lot of room to be able to fit it. I have mounted it in the boot until I can sort out where I can make the room for it. Has anyone had to relocate their fuse box in the engine bay? I was thinking of moving it from standard spot (near left headlight) and moving it toward the firewall on the other side of the strut top (maybe 50cm back from standard). I need to keep the battery at the standard location to be able to meet scruiteneering (spelling?) for my DB Drag racing competition class. The only other way I may be able to fit it, is to relocate my coolant resoviour.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers
Chris
'02 Daewoo Nubira J150 CDX Limited 2.0L
Deck: Alpine CDA-9887
Front: Kicker KS600.2
Rear: Removed
Speaker Amp: 4 Channel Fusion Powerplant FP1404
Sub: 15" Fusion Comp
Sub Amp: Epsilon EA-5000D
Personal Best SPL: 145.6dB - Street B
mm_arg

Re: How hard is moving the engine bay fuse box?

Post by mm_arg »

I think it will be a lot easier to relocate the reservoir than trying to relocate the fuse box... But I'm pretty shure that what you have next to the battery is a bunch of relays and stuff like that. In that case it shouldn't be as hard as re-wiring a fuse-box.
However I still think that it's easier to relocate the engine coolant bottle than to rewire, adapt and relocate a fusebox.
Greetings,
Carr

Post by Carr »

Thanks for the reply. I think that it is mainly relays in the box, but there are a few fuses too. I did have another look and it seems that there is a mount for the transmission under the coolant resoviour which will make the battery too high to fit, it is a rather big battery. I am also a little concerned that it wont fit if I move the fuse/relay box, I can't find my tape measure to be sure though. I haven't had a chance to take out the box and see how much wiring is under there. If it looks like too much of a problem, I might just leave the battery in the boot until I can afford to pay someone to do it for me.

Cheers
Chris
'02 Daewoo Nubira J150 CDX Limited 2.0L
Deck: Alpine CDA-9887
Front: Kicker KS600.2
Rear: Removed
Speaker Amp: 4 Channel Fusion Powerplant FP1404
Sub: 15" Fusion Comp
Sub Amp: Epsilon EA-5000D
Personal Best SPL: 145.6dB - Street B
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

my suggestion for racing, get the lightest yet biggest punching battery.. lol. optima red top? :P
other than that, use the boot for weight distribution? hahaha.
~wolf

EDIT: could try two small light batterys hooked together?
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake