2000 Lanos Airbag light on

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Puddle31
Super

2000 Lanos Airbag light on

Post by Puddle31 »

I did a search and didn't really see anything on this issue. The other day when I was driving the airbag light came on. This was a first. I have had the camshaft sensor problem bringing the "check engine" light on, but it has always reset after a few ignition cycles. The airbag light has not gone away though and there have been numerous ignition cycles since it came on about 2 weeks ago. I checked and replaced the airbag fuse in the passenger cabin fuse box with no change. Anyone have any other ideas on what to do? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance
buddha102
Expert

Re: 2000 Lanos Airbag light on

Post by buddha102 »

Did u scan the problem with the scan tool from AutoZone? they'll do it for free.....
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

autozones scan too doesnt do airbags. your gonna have to take your car to a stealership for the airbag issues

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

woah! i forgot to ask about this, but same on the airbag light ('00 HB lanos)
i took the cluster out to do the gauge coloring, tweaked around to put in my RPM gauge, then after 2 ing cycles it turned on for me, i havent gotten around to checking it out, as I am usually the only one in the car, and if i crash going 45+mph, im most likely to be crunched either way. lol?

but from my exp with scan tools, they dont do much on a lanos.. only codes and explanations, along with turning/reseting the check eng light. +the high end ones will give you the specs on when the light came on.
around here, (supposedly in CA) there is a law or something that doesnt let autozone rent the scan tools out anymore :cry: (from exp)

and to puddle, for me, the previous owner had camshaft sensor promblems alot too, and idk if it was/is a recall on the sensors, but you might want to get it replaced, if not already.
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

I don't think they will get a code on that airbag, although they did read the camshaft sensor thing. I really don't want to try a dealer as the closest one stinks (they're the ones that said the sensor wasn't recalled in my car). Unfortunately I can't get the car inspected with the light on. I'm not sure what to do now. it figures it is due now, and not last month! :badgrin:
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

well there are codes that dont switch the "chk light" on. its usually only the 'important' codes. hahaha. well for me, theres a shop down the street that does free engine check light reads. where i go to now for the code. haha i dont find a purpose in buying a scan tool since im not a mechanic yet, plus my bro's car is OBD-1 which i would need a convert or two scan tools.. anyway.. if you havent had the sensor replaced, replace it, i mean sure it might be 20-40$ wasted, but then you know FOR SURE its not the sensor. haha. someone also said that there are two different types, so i would be careful. could try asking what the dealer replaces the recalled ones with?

and if you read the A/c post yet, i was gonna reset my ECU for the airbag light, and now i just thought about unpluging the air bag blowing out the connection and testing it, then unplugging it and turn the car on, then if all else fails.. try a scan tool on it. good luck to you and i on this problem.
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you will not be bale to reset your airbag, your gonna have to get a pro to do it for you.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

bah..... i am a pro
LOL

thank you very much mofo. i shall go talk to a shop and see what they will/can do and how much. hopefully $10 :P
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

so it sounds like my only option is to take it into a repari shop for the air bag light? I replaced the fuse in the cabin listed for the air bag. That's about all I could figure to do? Anyone else have this problem before? this car has gremlins!