A/C

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

broken

A/C

Post by broken »

As the A/C in my 1999 Daewoo Lanos se has never worked properly. I wont use it... (running some tests before I take it to a mechanic) so what I was wanting to know should the A/C Fan behind radiator come on whenever I turn on my A/C?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Yes it does.

From service manual
A/C ON
The ECM will turn the cooling fans on at low speed
when the A/C system is on. The ECM will change to
high speed when the coolant temperature reaches
97_C (207_F) or highside A/C pressure reaches
1 882 kPa (273 psi).
Daniel
broken

Re: A/C

Post by broken »

broken wrote:As the A/C in my 1999 Daewoo Lanos se has never worked properly. I wont use it... (running some tests before I take it to a mechanic) so what I was wanting to know should the A/C Fan behind radiator come on whenever I turn on my A/C?
Woooooooohooooooo just needed regassing..its working perfect now. :touch wood"
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

using the post for my A/C
but um.. that happened for me at first, i traced all the wires and such, before me and my brother found out that the "pressure switch" will even let the A/C turn on... added R-134a and worked like a charm, ran cool, not cold, cool air came out... but now.. there's no more refrigerant left... and there's no more cool air, Ive looked for obvious leaks and repaired them.. but before i rip almost the WHOLE A/C system out (pipes wise) is there a common spot or something that usually happens.. that has happened to others? or heard about.

my first leak was at the condenser if i remember correctly, the little cap looking thing next to the radiator.. any ideas?

(and for anyone reading, when filling A/C it is wise to fill on the LOW end, not HIGH end. yes there is a difference. idk exactly. the high end is right under ur nose, on the left, the low end is right under the intake pipe. usually has a black cap, as the high has a greenish cap. if i remember correctly, and when filling, turn the can upside down, so as the refrigerant goes into the line and not the gas, gas doesn't cool.)
thanks in advance
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

my A/C has stop work,

i turn it on and a funny noise, like it tryong to compress air, but i hou the A/C was a sealed unit so why would it become empty
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

u dont need AC get rid of it (extra weight) + would be ready to turbo :roll: :D
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

buddha102 wrote:u dont need AC get rid of it (extra weight) + would be ready to turbo :roll: :D
yeah but then i will astill have a buttin reminding that i have A/C when it gets hot
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

my friend got his AC out of his 91 eagle talon and he hooked up his to the AC fan to the AC button which turns on and cools off the engine :D
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

buddha102 wrote:my friend got his AC out of his 91 eagle talon and he hooked up his to the AC fan to the AC button which turns on and cools off the engine :D
but thats not going to cool me down
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

how hot does it get in UK? 25 degrees C?
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

buddha102 wrote:how hot does it get in UK? 25 degrees C?
hot, ok not as hot where you live but brits are moany people
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

hm.... look on internet for the solution (google)

the system is the same as any other...

it is sealed system then no air should be leaving the AC system then it means that u might have a leak

what kind of noise did u hear? (more detail)
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

hahaha. some people live in mild warm/cool places.. i live in south cali.. +global warming= temps going up to +100*F
-.- so A/C will be a must this summer. period.
Jeff, my suggestion would be look at the compressor first, make sure if even 'clicks' on. if it doesnt, you got a problem. along with that here in the states, they have "EZ Leak" for A/C's which basically you put it into ur lines, and put on some cool glasses and see a fluorescent liquid where its leaking. my other suggestion.
like i said, my first problem was no refrigerant, and second was the little canister next to the radiators, was leaking alittle.. so i pulled it apart, lightly filed the surfaces to make it flat ish, then 600grit-ed the ends lightly, got new O-rings, then use a washer under the bolt to spread the the bolts surface area of tightening.

if you spot a leak, let me know, as i want to check mine at that spot too. thanks
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake