and so it begins

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

and so it begins

Post by daewoomofo »

i took the dash out of my lanos, what a pain in the ass! fyi, the air bag doesnt have to come out, i took it out then realized after that i didnt need to. plans are to mold a way that pesky airbag, and do some other stuff. total time was about 3.5 hours or so

only time will tell if this was all worth it or not.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

what are you planning?

Hopefully you realize that in some cases removal of the stock airbags will void your insurance.

That is to say if someone hits you head on and you go into a coma your on the hook for the doctor's bills.... not the insurance company.

They would argue that because you knowingly removed your airbag you caused your own head injury.

As well... if your passenger gets killed in a head on and they determine that person would not have died if the airbag had been there..... then you can be prosecuted.

If it was an accident.... then they usually don't go after people... but if it was done on purpose you have knowingly put someone elses life at risk

Not all are like that... but I just wanted to make sure you know that some do.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud.... that's why I like the GSi.... it's old and doesn't have airbags.

Plus I have specialized insurance specifically for modified performance orientated vehicles
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

PrecisionBoost wrote:what are you planning?

Hopefully you realize that in some cases removal of the stock airbags will void your insurance.

That is to say if someone hits you head on and you go into a coma your on the hook for the doctor's bills.... not the insurance company.

They would argue that because you knowingly removed your airbag you caused your own head injury.

As well... if your passenger gets killed in a head on and they determine that person would not have died if the airbag had been there..... then you can be prosecuted.

If it was an accident.... then they usually don't go after people... but if it was done on purpose you have knowingly put someone elses life at risk

Not all are like that... but I just wanted to make sure you know that some do.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud.... that's why I like the GSi.... it's old and doesn't have airbags.

Plus I have specialized insurance specifically for modified performance orientated vehicles
chris your not beinga stick in the mud, you give constructive criticism, and do so very well, you have a level head on your shoulders.

my plans are for the woo to no longer be an every day car. its gonna be an on going project, the kind of car that ill work on more than i drive, a show car if you will. if at some day i decide that i want the old dash back i do have my red car that i can transplant the dash from.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Haha awesome. :)