Gas Gauge Weirdness

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

I just bought a new bicycle ><!

Really have to book my test asap
SAZ
---------------------
delphis
Expert

Re: Gas Gauge Weirdness

Post by delphis »

well the gas gauge in my nubria doesn't even work so at least you have a working gas gauge, I just fill it up every couple of days. lol
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

yeah my nibira goes to empty and no fuel light should my gauge be dead dropped on the needle holder for it to work????
AborteK

Post by AborteK »

my gas gauge is wack!!!!

i fill up, it goes to the top....

i use my car and have been left stranded a few times cuz, if my gauge shows a 1/4 tank left.... its empty!!!!!!!

it drives me crazyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! never goes to the 'E'

Never turns the warning light one, happend to me again 2day very low on cash left it @ my job's parking lot ahahaha
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

nubira88 wrote:yeah my nibira goes to empty and no fuel light should my gauge be dead dropped on the needle holder for it to work????
That's the "Low Fuel Level Sensor" that turns the light ON.
The "Fuel Level Sensor" is a variable resistor that moves the needle.
BULLETIN FUEL LEVEL SENSOR AVAILABILITY.zip

Daniel
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

hmmm.... well like all the stories.. ive driven to where the needle has rested on the blocking pin.. although thinking about it now, doesnt sound like the brightest idea.. since the motor would still want to move down past the E.. which then, wouldnt it screw with the motor?

and ive never ran out of gas on my woo, but my dad joked that when i get to the top of the E im "running on fumes" and i dont doubt it, but gas does slush around when there isnt much of it.. lucky they thought of something back in the day to capture and use the fumes.. :shock:

has anyone converted to "analog" or different type of sensor and/or motor for the gauge?

PLUSSS if the gauge Never drops when the key is out.. wht would be the point for the pin to hold it? hahaha. maybe it keeps the needle from going backwards on the motor, (polarity reversing)?
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

Yeah mine drops right down on the resting pin this will happen once a week before payday it will get around 700 kms for 62 litres im waiting for it to run out of fuel just to see how far it will go i doubt it would wreck anything just fill it back up with 5 litres prime the lines start the car easy as. all these problems with peoples gauges are likely a dirty level sensor wich can be cleaned in 20mins of work. note the car will not run on fumes the pump is one like i havent seen before it fills up with a litre or more of fuel in the catching canister wich cases the pump and the pump is double ended so it fills this upto prevent air wile cornering etc mine gets air i think it may have a faulty valve in the pump or the like