Think its time for a new ECU??

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

MMamdouh wrote:don't you have a close by woo buddy to lend you his/her ECU for testing?

i wouldn't jump into buying an ECU before making 100% it is the problem.

MMamdouh
I do have someone in lexington.. but i dont know who the hell they are.. and i havent seen them on here at all.. so im not really sure.

I also replaced the sparkplugs today... one on cylinder 3. had a little bit of oil in the bottom of the spark plug well...but not close to the actual diode that the spark comes from.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Mine didn't have oil where the spark is made either...but there was some up inside the sparkplug wire's boot...I guess the small area between the rubber and plug let it seep up into it.

Jimmy
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

lanowoo wrote:
MMamdouh wrote:don't you have a close by woo buddy to lend you his/her ECU for testing?

i wouldn't jump into buying an ECU before making 100% it is the problem.

MMamdouh

......I also replaced the sparkplugs today... one on cylinder 3. had a little bit of oil in the bottom of the spark plug well...but not close to the actual diode that the spark comes from.

Maybe that sparkplug wire is oil soaked ? from a valve cover leak ? like jidasas said. If thats the case? the wires need replacement too (after you fix the leak) ':lol:'

I was also thinking about what JohnnyC said:
"The codes for the high input low output thing sound a lot like the Cam Position Sensor codes when it is failing.
The misfire Cylinder 1 code sounds similar to the problem I have all the time with mine reporting a misfire on cylinder 1 when traveling at higher speed (60-75mph). One of these days I'm going to clean my Crankshaft Sensor and see if that is the problem......"

BTW ?...Didn't some of the Lanos model years have a crankshaft sensor recall on em ?
My 2000 did.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

Well i checked with the dealership.. and they said that when they had the recall.. my VIN# was one of the ones that was not effected on that recall.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!