Using Factory Fog light switch with aftermarket fogs.

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

LeoTheLion89

Using Factory Fog light switch with aftermarket fogs.

Post by LeoTheLion89 »

My Lanos is the base model. No power windows, no clock, no ABS, no fogs, no Cruise, no intermediate wipers, etc.

Here is my question: I can buy a MF switch for the Lanos that has the fog light switch on it. Will this simply "plug" into my non-fog Lanos? The Lanos doesn't have the factory fog harness. I would install either OE fogs or aftermarket fogs, but would like to use the OE fog light switch or even the OE rear fog light switch. How would i wire it so the fog switch would work with a aftermarket harness?

Also, If I installed a OE Wiper switch so i can have Intermediate wipers, would the intermediate part actually function or is there more wiring to do?

To sum it up:

Replace OE Multifunction switch with a OE Multifunction switch with a fog light switch.
Replace OE Wiper switch with a OE Intermediate/Variable speed wiper switch.

Are these simple plug and play for the wipers or or will it not work?
DaewooDriver

Vehicles:
2001 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan
2001 Chevrolet Impala LS
Daniel
Expert

Re: Using Factory Fog light switch with aftermarket fogs.

Post by Daniel »

Looking at the diagrams you have to make extra connections for the front/rear fog light circuit.

For the wipers mod you have to check the reference of the wiper relay. If you have the fixed relay 96312300 you must at least replace it by the variable relay 96250544 plus probably some extra wiring. Not sure this is plug&play.

You should hunt the net for the "daewoo lanos wiring diagram".
LeoTheLion89

Post by LeoTheLion89 »

Daniel wrote:Looking at the diagrams you have to make extra connections for the front/rear fog light circuit.

For the wipers mod you have to check the reference of the wiper relay. If you have the fixed relay 96312300 you must at least replace it by the variable relay 96250544 plus probably some extra wiring. Not sure this is plug&play.

You should hunt the net for the "daewoo lanos wiring diagram".
where is the wiper relay?

I noticed both column switches have a wire pigtail that the basic switches dont have. what do thoes wires goto and what is the pinout?
DaewooDriver

Vehicles:
2001 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan
2001 Chevrolet Impala LS
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

The wiper relay is around the interior fuse pack. Its reference is clearly embossed on its casing.

All my knowledge is here http://daewootechforum.com/forum/viewto ... =21&t=5085 and here https://www.google.be/#q=daewoo+lanos+service+manual .