radio instalation problem

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

dead fire

radio instalation problem

Post by dead fire »

i cant find a conector every where i go they said they have nothing for deawoo and i cant find the radio plastic trim is their any other car with the same conector and trim that i can use
daewoomofo

Re: radio instalation problem

Post by daewoomofo »

harness
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Daewoo-L ... .m20.l1116
sorry thats all i could find.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

The idea is that you buy an after marker headunit with its own wiring then you reconect everything up...... red is your positive (+) and yellow your memory and black your ground (-) the speakers should be changed also unless yours are ok if you dont know how to do this maybe you should pay a place to drive in and jive away as they say... you cannot buy a stereo made for a daewoo or any other car that im aware its all redone and is verry easy cheers
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you DONT want to cut the stock harnes. get the aftermarket plug and find the caseing. its the correct way to do it.

nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

Exactly sweetpea. you just want to cut the stock connector off the original radio thus keeping the stock wiring or just do away with it up to you im sure you will decide i would do away with it you dont want stock wiring on a $150 pair of speakers qaulity may be impeded.. the stock connector will never be used again after all im sure lots of the daewoo cd players would have by now gone to heaven my 2cents
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

nubira88 wrote:Exactly sweetpea. you just want to cut the stock connector off the original radio thus keeping the stock wiring or just do away with it up to you im sure you will decide i would do away with it you dont want stock wiring on a $150 pair of speakers qaulity may be impeded.. the stock connector will never be used again after all im sure lots of the daewoo cd players would have by now gone to heaven my 2cents
so if he sells the car he has to sell his new radio too???????? the correct way is to spend the few dollars on the ebay wire plug and leave the stoch wire harness intact. its easier and its not the half assed approach. if he gets new speakers adn wants new speaker wire he can run the new speaker wire along side the old stuff. its never a good idea to cut the harness if you dont have to.

jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Do not cut the wires in the dash...It will cost you in the value of your car. The connector is the best way to go. All you do is unplug the factory radio and then plug the connector into the factory harness and it has the wires coming out of the new plug to hook up to your new radio. If you want new speaker wires and all then run them but do not cut the factory wires. I cut mine and regret it now. It made it so that my radio does not dim with the dash lights like it should and if I'd spent the fifteen bucks to get a connector it would work right.

Jimmy
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

An after market head deck will not dim with the ilumination of the car :lol: You are increasing the value who would buy a daewoo at that with no cd player our cars have no value they only become valueable to us with mods and add ons nobody else will see that.....
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the plug is the easy and correct way to do it. end of story. if you cut the wires you have to figure out which wire is what. useing the plug it is as easy as red to red, yellow to yellow, black to black, and so on and so fourth. if you cut the plug off you have to spend timd figuring out (for example) the the red wire connects to the brown wire, adn the green wire connects to the purple wire. spend the $6 adn do it the correct way. trust me its better off in the long run instead of half assing it like 88 wants you to

wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

i agree with daewoomofo in the sense that if you want to keep the aftermarket radio... you can also keep the stock radio, then when u sell the car, can swap the stereos without any hassle.

but i, like always, cut the connector, then leave it attached to the head unit, in case i want to sell/give/install the stock/old HU in a different car, i dont have to ghetto a new connector or worry... what i have always been taught. haha.

and for dead fire.. the closest thing is the ebay that someone listed.
the trim.. if youre talking about the black(for me its black) that goes around the edge of the radio and little box, hard to find... try a junk yard, or see if anyone has the same model car for parts.. if youre talking about the trim for the HU usually comes with it, or you can buy it maybe.
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
wongkonka

Post by wongkonka »

I just installed my new HU last night, alpine cde-114bti, into my lanos, common sense told me to keep the car's harness, because the wires are different colours then whats leading from the harness to the HU. I actually cut my HU leads to splice into the wires b4 the car's harness. I did it half ass that way because I was in a hurry. but at least i can still just buy a new HU lead.

Also found out my yellow (memory) lead is faulty, I need to replace it, and get in-line fuse or.....??? Anyone have an easier way? Or is it easy to run a new lead?
1998 Lanos SE 1.3L SOHC
geoblade

Post by geoblade »

my car had a stock harnass, including a stock -> 2xdin conversion cable which plugged into the stock harnass.

then i had to put another converter in there, from 2xdin -> sony

haha

leave your stock stuff intact, find a converter