need help in cluster pinouts ( aveo )

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nefary
Junior

need help in cluster pinouts ( aveo )

Post by nefary »

I installed fog lights on my 2009 aveo . I want to make it as the OEM setup
I have the OEM harness and I made the wires as descriped in the diagram. but I have one more problem and I added a new problem to it
So I have 2 problems now

1st I want to know what is the correct pinout of the Fog lights indicator in the guages cluster I tried many many ways to know. But the bad feeling that it is just one wire . How is it hard like this, so if any body have the manual or have fog lights on his car all I need is a photo of the cluster connector to know what is the additional wire I must connect my sire to

2nd when I tried to know the right connector I made a mistake - i think - the ODO meter now refer to 0 KM. my car now is brand new again :D
have any ideas?
wolfsreign
Expert

Re: need help in cluster pinouts ( aveo )

Post by wolfsreign »

i gots nurbria and lengaza + lanos wiring. but not an aveo. sorry mate.

as the odometer, i dont get what happened, guessing its electronical, it reset to 00000? or it stays 000000? lol if it reset, youre screwed by ur insurance..
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

after many many trials to diagnose the problem . I found that it was the time for new gauges cluster.I bought I used one from a wrecked aveo. and now my ODO refer to 38000 KM and my reading is about 18000. now I have a very big problem with insurance and warranty.I am searching for a solution to get back my reading to the previous reading

if anyone here know how plz tell me . I want to notify that there is devices used to modefy digital odo readings.
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

problem solved . I did a replace for the Gauages cluster . and my problem was in the odometer reading . it was refer to 38000 and mine was 18000. after a very long searches and trials I have my readings back. it was simply by replacing the integrated circuit which it stores the reading. now my car works properly. waith my previous reading in ODOMETER

I can explain the whole project from dissassimble the cluster to replacing the illumination lights colour. and replacing the ODOMETER IC.I want any administrator to allow me to write a topic in how to forum to explain my project
WOLFMAN AK907

Post by WOLFMAN AK907 »

You could've just gone to any chevy dealer and have them flash your ECM and it will reset the cluster to whatever your computer has recorded thus far.
Aveo, Kalos, Gentra, G3, Wave, Swift, Barina and Lova owners check out http://www.aveonetwork.com/
Note:Register to view all the forums.^
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
nefary
Junior

Post by nefary »

I dont know what the dealer have . but I used an advanced scan tool which used on all brands including VW , BMW , and all GM models . it can reflash the ECM but it cant reset the cluster reading. i think not all cars have the car millage stored on the ECM and I think the aveo is one of them. I heard about the dealer issue but I would have problems with warranty if I went to him.
WOLFMAN AK907

Post by WOLFMAN AK907 »

Huh, ok.
Aveo, Kalos, Gentra, G3, Wave, Swift, Barina and Lova owners check out http://www.aveonetwork.com/
Note:Register to view all the forums.^
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska