Racing seats mounts?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Racing seats mounts?

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

Yust wondering if some brands got mounts fror a lanos? Or did you all do it custom? Personaly i would prefer a factory made slide cuase i will be sure its safe then.

Someone help me out here? Cuase im tired off sliding off my chair in a curve lmao
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

some companies have universal mounts.
ImageImage
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

kinda wanted some for a lanos... if not ill make some... no universal shit under my seats :roll:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

okay basically i was wondering the best way to get racing seats put in. i bought some off of ebay. they're basically APC without the logo and i got them for $200 with shipping included. they came with the sliders but no brackets of course. i was thinking that i could just take off the brackets from the original seats and put them on the sliders but one big problem. the sliders are closer together on the racing seats. b/c of that i was thinking about just adding some small plates to widen the stance of the seats so when the brackets are put on they would line up. is this the best thing to do or just make some custome ones. i was also pondering the fact of drilling for new mount holes but that sounds too risky with weakness and hidden wires being damaged.

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

well i used some original seat frames (4D ones 3d is difrent/harder) had some work on it but it worked out good
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

you mean take off the whole seat brakets with the sliders off of the original seats? i tried to take it apart completely to see if i could do that but it was a bitch and i think i was't able to get it off completely since there were some welded parts. i don't have access to a bunch of welding things but one of friends, well not close friend, might be able to just take off the brakets and stuff. and i'm guessing 4d and 3d are the strengths of the metal? thanks in advance
Nick

Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

4d and 3d i ment 4door and 3doors....

and yes 3door you cant fully disasembel, the 4door you can thats what i mean
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Hmm I don't know about that. I took my seats apart and they were all one piece and welded.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

thanks for the help guys but it doesn't matter now b/c my so called best friend/roomate took my seats from my place while i was at work. so i have one less thing for my Woo for the show in two weeks. i do really appreciate it though. when ever i get some others i'll hit ya'll back up on this subject.

thanks again,
nick

Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

he took you seats :shock:

sry to hear that :cry:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

thanks man. i'm tryin to look at the better side of things now. it gives me a chance to focus on a custom box i wanna build and the infamous turbo project to get on the way. well at least start getting the parts then put it together.
plus he was dumb enough to leave some of his stuff like a tv and a car amp so those are gonna be sold. :twisted:

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

the best way i found to mount my seats was to get two peices 2x 20 of metal going from front hole to back hold and then then welded the sliders onto those
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

OMP Racing carries seat brackets for Lanos.
DAEWOO LANOS

seat (right) HC/791/D
seat (left) HC/791/S

I believe you can order that online. I would email them to see if they are specific to fit OMP seats, or will fit any aftermarket seat.