Check Control Unit

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Blue_Boss

Check Control Unit

Post by Blue_Boss »

Hi all

This is my first post. Looked for an "Introduction" section but found none, so consider this my intro:

I'm from South Africa. I drive a Kadett Boss 200GSi.

For a while I have been trying to sort out my Check Control Unit (on the dash), but to no avail. I have made sure that the controller I have is the correct one for my unit:

How do I check to see if either the controller or the unit itself is getting power?

I replaced all the fuses in my car and still nothing... :cry:

Thanks ;)
wolfsreign
Expert

Re: Check Control Unit

Post by wolfsreign »

i have no clue what is really going on but im guessing you're getting some kind of error about the PRND321.. thing? or something, have no idea what the pictures are pointing out
my suggestion is that you can try finding a wiring diagram for ur car. just that area of the car, or all of the car, and look for what wire is supposed to supply the power, then using a voltmeter or w.e the meter is called, test the wire and see what the power is. if it's supposed to be +12v and the meter says 0v on the wire... then you have a problem. hehe. and you will have to figure out where the wire goes to/comes from, and check for any melting/crossing/short circuits.

more info/better picture would be VERYYY grateful.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake