Badge removal (held on with tape/glue or mounting holes?)

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Lowzero2

Badge removal (held on with tape/glue or mounting holes?)

Post by Lowzero2 »

I am thinking about removing the badges from my 01 lanos sport. Are the badges held on with tape/glue or do they have mounting holes. I think the front and rear Logo Badges have holes.

Here are the badges on my car:
Front and rear Daewoo logo badges
Rear is Lanos & Daewoo
Both sides have Sport

Any info would be great.

Steve in NY
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

They are connect by some kind of epoxy, with to holes to hold them in. Best way to take it off with most of the epoxy is use lighter fluid to help with the adhesive.

Did my to the front hood. and in the rear I painted the"daewoo" and the "lanos" white to match my body color and kept the rear badge the way it is.
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

All the Daewoo badges I have removed and installed on 4 different cars, have been held on by a thin double sided foam tape.

It is like double sided tape, but the material itself is a sealed cell white foam that has adhesive on each side.

I didn't try lighter fluid to remove the adhesive because I had a bottle of Goof Off adhesive & graffiti cleaner.

Cliff
Lowzero2

Post by Lowzero2 »

Thanks for the replys so far. I guess what I am asking is...
Will there be any holes if I remove the badges? I like the badge-less look, but don't want to do any body work to patch holes and repaint. So I have to know for sure before removing them.

As for removing the epoxy/double sided tape, goof off (goo gone) seems to work the best, but I have used lighter fluid too. Its great for cleaning off that sticky mess.

Steve in NY
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Yes, there are 2 alignment holes, so you will have to do a little filling & touchup paint.

If you know someone at a paint & body shop who is good a spot work & blending touchup paint, it shouldn't be expensive or take long to hide the holes.

Cliff
Lowzero2

Post by Lowzero2 »

Do all the badges have the alignment holes?

Steve in NY
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

On the Lanos & Leganza, yes, on the front & back of the car.
I would guess that because those 2 have it, the Nubira would, too.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

that is wierd. I just removed my badges and no holes. Maybe it is different. I have a 2001 Leganza CDX.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

I have a 2001 Leganza, the same color as yours, and it has holes where the badge was removed for paint touch-up work.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I don't get you guys... don't you want to show off the DAEWOO badge?!
Come on, let's represent!!!!
Lowzero2

Post by Lowzero2 »

I don't mind the Daewoo Logos on the front and back. But the sport logos on the sides have to go. I have never like "sport logos" on anycar. As for the back with Lanos and Daewoo, the font is not the same and it drives me nuts. It would look better to me if they used the same font and size. So thats why I would like to remove them. Also most cars I have owned, the badges have been removed when possible. I like the clean look of it.

I like the fact that I have a woo, and most people I come in contact with are like "whats that?"

Can anyone confirm that the "Sport Logos" have the alignment holes?

Steve in NY
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

When I removed my badges the only ones that had holes were the actual Daewoo Logos themselves. I had "SX" badges on the side which were just on with double sided tape.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Lowzero2 wrote:I like the fact that I have a woo, and most people I come in contact with are like "whats that?"
I have all my badges on including the sport ones, and people still asking me "what kind of a car is that?".
lol some people are like "is that a Civic?" or "I like your Focus" hehe
damian007vk
Super

to sum up dude

Post by damian007vk »

so some it all up....the front daewoo emblem instals with two pins (so yes if removed will leave two holes on your hood...exact same goes for rear daewoo emblem in trunk...) however for the DAEWOO and Lanos text badges in the rear...they are only held by adhesive...as for the sport ones...they too are only held by adhesives....
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Oh I did keep my badge on the rear, so the guys know what car smoked them on the straight quarter. :twisted:
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"