Lowering Suggestions for Daewoo Lanos?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KYL33x

Lowering Suggestions for Daewoo Lanos?

Post by KYL33x »

Hi guys,

I'm looking into lowering the suspension on my car (2003 "03" plate Daewoo Lanos 1.4 S 8v 3dr hatchback) and i have been hearing alot of people say that parts from the older Vauxhall/Opel Astra MK2 GTE will fit, so i want to know that if i buy a set of 60mm aftermarket lowering springs for an Astra MK2 GTE, will they fit my car with the Standard OEM shocks?, i plan on modifying the car on a budget so i would like to keep the standard shocks.

Thanks in advance. :D
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Lowering Suggestions for Daewoo Lanos?

Post by gse_turbo »

you can use the rears absolutely, with no mods. the fronts can be used as well but there is a little modifying to the lower spring perch because the spring O.D. is different between the two. ...but not by much.

you're still better off using the H&R sport spring kit made specifically for the Lanos. just a quick search on ebay I found them ranging from $190-$270.

another option is to buy the King 30mm rear lowering springs found on Ebay for $122 and use an angle grinder to cut the front springs down.
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: Lowering Suggestions for Daewoo Lanos?

Post by Rodd1s »

+1 on gse_turbo's answer. I had the same problems trying to fit Astra E Eibach springs to my Lanos and the front ones were too much of a pain to fit, so I opted for a set of Spax SSX 40mm springs. Did the job nicely.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.