Lanos Solid Strut tops

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ant0ny

Lanos Solid Strut tops

Post by ant0ny »

I have been developing Lanos Aluminum Solid Strut tops for rally suspension... these can be used for motorsport or for standard road cars.

I'm looking at expressions of interest to see if it's worth while producing any more than one set I have here.

They are CNC Milled from a Aluminum billet and fitted with a 3/4" Spherical Bearing with Teflon Liner. The bearing center (or shock absorber center) has been moved to maximize negative camber and positive caster.

If there is any interest i will do some better detailed pics before and after installation plus a report on the suspension geometry after that are fitted.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Lanos Solid Strut tops

Post by gse_turbo »

I'm very interested. Can you develope it to include a camber/faster plate?

Are there more pictures or a write up on your coil over development?
ant0ny

Post by ant0ny »

No the plate is to fit directly into a unmodified STD Lanos stut tower... which is a dificult oval shaped looking down from the top and not flat looking side on. I tried to find other universal strut tops off the shelf but the Lanos as a rather large strut top which is why I had to design and machine this from scratch.

It's designed for strength and reliabity... so no adjustment will be possible, other than the already repositioning of the hole. Any other adjustment would be done at the bottom of the strut in the lower control arm.

I am fitting them this weekend so I will do a full report with plenty of pics.
ant0ny

Post by ant0ny »

Gse-turbo I assume you mean something like this.

Yes I could but it wont be very cheap. I would have to make something like 10 sets to even make it worth my while.

I will try to get time to do a quick write up of what I did on the weekend... today.
ant0ny

Post by ant0ny »

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Rallying with A/C... now THAT'S luxury! :lol:
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Can you please make a detailed thread about the suspension components that you have.

Thank you.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
ant0ny

Post by ant0ny »

Yes will do I am waiting for the wheel alignment details for a before and after comparison for the OEM replacement. The suspension has to come apart again to fit the Bilstien Shocks before we get it aligned.

I will do a list of parts I can make and supply as I make them plus a short how-to for the struts adjustable plat form mod for those who are handy with a grinder and welder.

Sorry this is a little slow I am juggling a customer Astra GTE full rebuild and this suspension setup on the rally Lanos and a few other small jobs plus my real life job and family life... it's a little crazy ATM.
ant0ny

Post by ant0ny »

Sorry for the delay the Bilstien front shocks had to be returned as they supplied the wrong ones and I have just now got a front set. This weekend I will fit the Bilsteins and take a heap of pics.