quick questions

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

black

quick questions

Post by black »

hey guys,

just bought my first lanos, pre happy with it

got a few questions

coilovers for the lanos, are they available anywhere??

bolt on flares of some sort, where can i find them?

and has anyone got any pics of a lanos with stance? and by stance, i mean sitting low, with some dished wheels etc

thanks in advance

im from melbourne, AUS btw
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Re: quick questions

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Welcome! .... Glad you found the forum and we're glad to have you.

Yes, I believe there are some coilovers available, but I can't remember off the top of my head.
I'm sure some of the other members will be helpful.

There are lots of pictures floating around on the site. My recommendation is to read, read and then read some more because there is SO MUCH wonderful information that has accumulated over the years on here.

Fender flares ... hmm ... I don't seem to recall any after market ones, but there may be a way to modify them from another car.

I still have my 2002 Lanos hatchback I bought new. It has almost 200,000 miles now (321,000 km) and I plan to keep it ... well ... forever. I love that little car.

Again - welcome, and we'll try to help when we can.

Cliff
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Welcome,

There is a member that has been working a coil over solution but I'm not sure where he is with that. I'll fallow up with him. I have a solution for the rears but I don't have the budget to develop the setup. If there isn't another option then I wouldn't mind giving my time if you're interested in finding the development.

I'm sitting on H&R sport springs and it's not TOO bad. It dropped about 1.5" but could be a LOT lower. The front springs are parallel so they could be cut to get the car lower. The rears are progressively would so a coilover is pretty much the only real option.

As for the fender flares, a good mild look can be pulled from most salvage yards. The MK1 and MK2 Jetta and Golf flares are a great option. They fit perfect.

Look around YouTube for slide shows of slammed Lanos. There a few called "Lanos Tuning" if I remember correctly. There are some goofy body mods out there but there a some good ones too.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

have fun getting the wheel offset right, especially the rear wheels... they'll be a PITA

to be honest, a lanos is a difficult car to be doing this too

see http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=11110 for some inspiration
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Good link. It's been a while since I've seen that car. One of the better ones for sure.

As for the back space issue, I don't think it's too big to overcome. There are a few option and it mostly depends on budget and what's available in your specific location. Some a are better then others of course.

For one, any dished wheel for a Mk1-Mk3 Jetta or Golf will work the same for the Lanos. The the standard bolt spacing, hub diameter and backspace is the same between the two.

Another option is 25-30mm wheel spacers from a company like H&R. In addition, I make a rear wheel bearing spacer that will get an additional 6mm.

Another option is specific to the fronts, a bit more involved but better all around (for the front). The Nubira axels are are longer than the Lanos. These and longer control are provide proper suspension geometry. However the cam is fixed for the most part and going this route will result in a much more aggressive camber and is best used in racing applications.

Depending on what the goal is, some combination of all of these may be required.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

are the longer control arms from the nubira as well? are they the equal length driveshafts too?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Unfortunately the control area would have to be modified standard Lanos/leMans items

The Nubira axels are the same design and the Lanos just longer.

As far as North America is concerned, the only application with equal length shafts would come from a Saab, as far as I'm aware. The are the same length as the Lanos axels and had a larger diameter. They are basically Vectra shafts with a different bracket which mounts the right side axel to the engine block.
black

Post by black »

totally forgot about this thread haha

well, solved a few problems by buying wider wheels 15x8 with a +25 offset, no need for flares anymore, pretty sure they'll fit almost flush once i lower the car

basically understand that coilovers are out of question, so looking for easier ways to lower the car?
also looking for a simple black front lip, preferably something cheap i can get from the wreckers and maybe a roof spoiler?

thanks for all the advice guys, appreciate it :D
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

get h&r springs

there are not really any specific lip spoilers you will have to find one that is close and modify it to fit.
the lanos sport has a roof spoiler... there have also been a couple of people that used an ek9 civic R spoiler.

also, it's a sad day when a lanos has more dish on it's wheels than an s13 silvia... :lol:
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I have a standard Civic Type R lip on my Lanos (non-S). it a great fit and looks alright but I would suggest looking into the Mugen lip, I think it will look a little more Euro. I plan on getting it myself.

I also have the "Romeo & Juliet" rear spoiler from ebay. It's perfect and works well with the S and Non-S Lanos.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

also, what's the romeo & juliet spoiler?
Last edited by benzino on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

ah nice
what model civic did you source the lip spoiler? was it the EK?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

99 Civic SI

benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

I see :)
are you 5 stud now or is that a photoshop?