Nubira driver's side headlamp keeps fogging up

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

RobertCooper245

Nubira driver's side headlamp keeps fogging up

Post by RobertCooper245 »

I recently had a problem with my Nubira's driver's side headlamp that no matter what I do, the problem doesn't go away.

I first noticed that the headlamp was leaking water when I washed it a while ago. So, I drained the water out and used a blow dryer to dry out the inside. But, the problem persisted and so I took apart the headlamp, cleaned everything thoroughly and resealed it with silicone. Soon after, the thing starts fogging up even worse. I gave up on that headlamp and decided to buy a used headlamp to replace it. I checked the headlamp thoroughly for any places where a leak could occur, and found nothing (the replacement was dry inside). I even took it through a wash to make sure it would stay dry, and it did. Now, however, only 4 days after buying it, it starts to fog up as well. The passenger side headlamp shows no issues whatsoever, it's only the driver's side that's being problematic.

What's going on here?
Puddle31
Super

Re: Nubira driver's side headlamp keeps fogging up

Post by Puddle31 »

that rubber gasket that is supposed to seal it is bad somewhere, most likely on the top.
RobertCooper245

Post by RobertCooper245 »

Does anyone know where I can find new gaskets? I've tried auto parts stores and Home Depot, and found nothing.

Also, there aren't any salvage yards near me that have a Nubira to scavenge from, so finding them new (wherever they may be) is my only option.
woo99SE

Post by woo99SE »

what rubber gasket seal?
I'm lost. not that I have looked at it. but AFAIK the only thing sealing a H.L housing is the seal itself between the lens and the housing and the O ring for the light bulb.

I would check the light bulb O ring or if there is any small cracks on the housing/lens. from What you describe I'll go wityh a bad O ring on the light bulb or that the L.B is still loose and not sealing tight inside the H/L housing.
1999 Lanos 1.6 DOHC Central Florida