Water from A/C?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jd daewoo

Water from A/C?

Post by jd daewoo »

I have a Daewoo Lanos (1999 Hatchback) that I'm pretty sure has a plugged-up A/C drain as the passenger floorboard gets wet when I use the A/C. It appears to be dripping from underneath the dash on the left most side of the passenger floorboard. Only problem is I can't seem to locate the drain to unstop it. I've looked under the car multiple times and just can't find it, even with the A/C on and on a hot and humid day. Anyone have a pic or can describe in detail where its at?

Thanks.
JD Daewoo
B.S. Civil Engineer
1999 Daewoo Lanos SX
1.6L 16V DOHC
88,xxx Miles

1999 Daewoo Lanos Base
1.6L 16V DOHC
94,xxx Miles
Puddle31
Super

Re: Water from A/C?

Post by Puddle31 »

Use the search function and you will find a topic on this exact issue. The drain hose is located near the center of the car, just in front of the fire wall. It is a small diameter rubber hose and the end collapses from road grime and plugs up. You can not see this hose unless you get under the car. The water backs up and soaks the passenger side carpet. I cut my hose up higher to eliminate the collapsed portion years ago and have not had a problem since. It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU TOTALLY DRY THAT PASSENGER CARPET!!!. The wiring for the car runs on that side and the computer is under the passenger seat. Wet carpet = corroded wiringm and if that wiring corrodes, you will have problems. It seems the first wire to go is the fuel pump wire for some reason. There is also a topic for that on here. Eveidently there are lots of Lanos sitting around that turn over, but won't start, just because of this problem, and it starts with the A/C problem you have! I lifted my carpet and put a fan in there for a few days to make sure mine was dry AFTER I fixed the problem. I also keep a moisture soaking container in my car, just in case too.

If you need more on this search for the topic, but you want to fix this right away and dry that up correctly to prevent future problems. Let us know how this works out.
jd daewoo

Post by jd daewoo »

Thanks for the info. I understand what you mean by wiring problems! The first wire that went on mine was the main power for the pcm followed by the fuel pump power wire a few months later. It took forever to track down the pcm problem. OBD scan tool would not turn on, yet I could read voltage everywhere. I happen to think to try a test light and bingo! Apparently there was enough strains of wire left to read a voltage, but not enough to allow the required current to pass through to run a test light.

I'll give your suggestion a shot a trim back the hose when I find it.

Thanks.
JD Daewoo
B.S. Civil Engineer
1999 Daewoo Lanos SX
1.6L 16V DOHC
88,xxx Miles

1999 Daewoo Lanos Base
1.6L 16V DOHC
94,xxx Miles
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

this is the drain hose

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

It sure is much easier to see when the motor is not there!!! thanks for the pic MMamdouh