Daewoo Leganza HID/Xenon Light/Kit

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

teteous1

Daewoo Leganza HID/Xenon Light/Kit

Post by teteous1 »

Hey all,

Ive done a search and cant seem to find the answer to my question which is, is there different kits for the different types of bulbs, or do I just buy a generic kit and the bulb I choose will fit?

As im wanting to put HID's into my fog lights as they are very bright as it is now, I would just want them even more..

If anyone has an answer to this thanks.

Teteous.
1999 Daewoo Leganza 2.2L +CAI
Looking for harder springs and shocks.
teteous1

Re: Daewoo Leganza HID/Xenon Light/Kit

Post by teteous1 »

I just bought a HID kit, but I cannot find where to plug the power source plug (three flat blades).

Can anyone help please?
teteous1

Post by teteous1 »

I just bought a HID kit, but I cannot find where to plug the power source plug (three flat blades).

Can anyone help please?
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

they plug into the original plug that connected to the back of the headlight bulb. one is ground, and the other two are switch-live for low and hi beam.

there should be instructions with the HID kit if u bought it brand new... if not, then try searching on google on how to do it, there's plenty of resources for HID conversion.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
teteous1

Post by teteous1 »

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

I bought the wrong kit, I needed H1 bulbs not H4, so changed it out and its all good now.

I had to file a bit of the hole where the H1 HID globe fits to replace the halogen as the HID globe is slightly wider and would not fit into hole.

Teteous.
redmaiev04

Post by redmaiev04 »

Daewoo Leganza Xenon Headlights may produce fantastic light, but consumes less energy than your ordinary car lights. These lights are very durable that it can last for up to 10 years
2woo4you0

Post by 2woo4you0 »

redmaiev04 wrote:Daewoo Leganza Xenon Headlights may produce fantastic light, but consumes less energy than your ordinary car lights. These lights are very durable that it can last for up to 10 years
HID bulbs don't just burn out like halogen, they rarely ever go out at all unless they are crappy. They usually should be replace after 2500hrs (7-10yrs average) as over time they do loose lumens as well as go up in the kelvin scale. For example, if you have 6000 kelvin after putting about 2500hrs on them they're going to be about 7000 kelvin. Also FYI the further away you get from 4500k the less lumen output you have, most people don't realize this.

Also most people don't know there are HID bulbs that are built for halogen projectors (like leggy). They're aligned to be put in a halogen projector and have much less glare, usually none.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well said man

i hate them people using HID in non lens headlights and glaring the hell out of other people... also hate them people using too high HID laps and going all blue on the road... i am sure they can't see shit

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mohmedhat
Junior

Post by mohmedhat »

if you are DIY check http://www.theretrofitsource.com, i ordered all my bi-xenon project components from them, they are great

now they have more advanced kits for easy retrofit and also you can order ready made headlights as far as i can see.
Fltofancy

Post by Fltofancy »

Can you give us some part numbers? I really need to do this to my Lanowoo!

Fltofancy
mohmedhat
Junior

Post by mohmedhat »

if you mean my project, i really have no part numbers but all the kit is from INFINITY FX35 (projectors, ballasts, ignitions and philips bulbs).
Fltofancy

Post by Fltofancy »

You ordered parts from here http://www.theretrofitsource.com yes?
But you dont have the part numbers for the items you ordered?

Fltofancy
CodyJ

Post by CodyJ »

MMamdouh wrote:well said man

i hate them people using HID in non lens headlights and glaring the hell out of other people... also hate them people using too high HID laps and going all blue on the road... i am sure they can't see shit

MMamdouh
Guess I did that. :( But I can see just fine lol. Everyone around here has this type of setup, but I did way before on all my other cars. The camera makes it more glare than it needs to be, phone is really sensitive to light and car slopes down in driveway and I was in DIRECT line of sight. I've looked into stock ford hids and they are just as bright @ that angle.

Very similar to this: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... s_id=13955
Our cars are 9007 if I remember right...

But I paid $45 shipped (relay, ballast, harness... from my china supplier) and before that, had his other ballast that are going on 3+ years of usage.
Attachments
daewoo.jpg
(90.54 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

mohmedhat wrote:if you mean my project, i really have no part numbers but all the kit is from INFINITY FX35 (projectors, ballasts, ignitions and philips bulbs).
which shroud did you end up going with?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

mohmedhat wrote:if you are DIY check http://www.theretrofitsource.com, i ordered all my bi-xenon project components from them, they are great

now they have more advanced kits for easy retrofit and also you can order ready made headlights as far as i can see.
just curious how much of the bucket you had to cut to get the project to fit? Any pics of the building process?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com