Who Stocks Daewoo Parts In Australia

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Grumpy Old Man

Who Stocks Daewoo Parts In Australia

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

G'day all

I have just spent my life savings ($900 AU) on a registered and going 98 Nubira SX wagon :oops: and I am hoping I didn't pay to much after all it has travelled 186,000 km. This is a shock for me because I never thought I would buy a Korean car due to a personal protest against dog eating and an opinion that Korean cars are normally inferior in quality to, well just about everybody. That aside I'm willing to give it a go and see how little I can spend on it to keep it on the road.

My question is who in Australia stocks replacement and/or aftermarket parts for the old Daewoos. As most of the Holden range is now really Daewoos is it them or has some one else got the job. The headlights on this old girl have lived up to my expectation of poor quality and are very cloudy so my first requirment would be both front lights.

Any help would be appreciated.
benzino
Expert

Re: Who Stocks Daewoo Parts In Australia

Post by benzino »

holden still stocks parts...

but being a dealer... very expensive
I'm pretty sure you can get a special solvent that takes away the cloudiness from the plastic on the headlights

repco/autobarn/supercheap are also good for parts
depends on what you're looking for really
also it's a good idea to keep an eye on ebay... things come up from time to time
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
broken

Post by broken »

Holden quoted me $45.00 for a valve cover gasket.... and Bursons quoted me $25.00.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

holden quoted me $68 for a breather hose!!
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:G'day all

I have just spent my life savings ($900 AU) on a registered and going 98 Nubira SX wagon :oops: and I am hoping I didn't pay to much after all it has travelled 186,000 km. This is a shock for me because I never thought I would buy a Korean car due to a personal protest against dog eating and an opinion that Korean cars are normally inferior in quality to, well just about everybody. That aside I'm willing to give it a go and see how little I can spend on it to keep it on the road.

My question is who in Australia stocks replacement and/or aftermarket parts for the old Daewoos. As most of the Holden range is now really Daewoos is it them or has some one else got the job. The headlights on this old girl have lived up to my expectation of poor quality and are very cloudy so my first requirment would be both front lights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well....you may have things a bit backwards.... Daewoo's have always been based on Holden/Opel/Vauxhall design.... not the other way around.... so your simply buying a Holden assembled in Korea.... but many of the parts come from other countries... even Australia.

Holden owns the majority of Daewoo.......here is a good read...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMDAT

All the 2.0L Daewoo engines still come out of the Port Melbourne Holden engine plant.... the 1.6L is now coming from a Daewoo Korea plant but they are from castings given to them by Holden.

So..... keep in mind that many of your smaller Holden cars will have directly compatible parts.... odds are your brake calipers are from a Vectra or Astra for example.

Here in North America GM has a number of cars assembled in Mexico.... they also get the title of "poor build quality" but when it comes to parts.... well .... most of it doesn't come from Mexico.

If worse comes to worse.... you can always drop in an engine or gearbox from an Astra, Corsa, Vectra .... hell.... a Calibra 4X4 turbo engine and gearbox will fit as well ( but I'd personally buy a Calibra over a Nubira )
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos