Widest wheels/tires you've fit on a lanos? Any 4.5”hubs fit?

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Widest wheels/tires you've fit on a lanos? Any 4.5”hubs fit?

Post by kinkyllama »

I was wondering what the widest wheels anyone has fit onto there Lanos? What was the diameter, width, and offset? What width and profile tires were the wheels wrapped in? If lowered, how much? Any modifications used? Any rubbing (before or after modifications)?

I was also wondering if any 4x4.5” (4x114.3”) hubs from any of the other woo’s (or anything) found in the US fit? I have a couple extra sets of wheels with 4x4.5” bolt pattern that I’m trying to sell but would love to use one set on my Lanos for a year or so.

Rant:
I’d really like to fit a 7.5” wide wheel wrapped in 215-225mm tire onto the Lanos. I’m betting it would fit with lowering springs and the perfect offset, but I want to lower my lanos from 2-3” eventually. I’m not really sure on tire/wheel diameter yet. I’m waiting to get my Lanos to see what would look best and I need to calculate gearing with a D20 or change the D16 so it isn’t as close gearing. It tops out at speeds much lower than the lanos will be able to hit. Then depending how the tires fill the fenders and ride height I’d like to put a profile smaller tire on then the car should have. For example, 215-225/45/15” or 215-225/40/16” but I don’t think that’ll happen. Only size I can find that’ll work that is a profile lower as far as a competition tire I want (Toyo R888s) is a 15” and I probably need 16” to clear the brakes I eventually plan getting. I’d like 11.75” (which fit 15” wheels) Wilwood but they cost a ton more than the 12.2”. /rant

Thanks for your input guys,
Danny
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Anyone? I know I've seen a few people that had 7.5" wheels and a few people that had there lanos slammed. Even if they had 7" wide wheels when it was slammed, knowing the offset would help me allot.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

No one has any info to help me out?

I finally found a 16x7.5" lightweight wheel that doesn't cost nearly $300 ea. About $530 for a set shipped actually and they look great. Only tire size I can find that will work without being stretched (I don't want that for the street, curb rash is far too easy) is 225/45/16 in the tire choices I want. For the track I want toyo R888s and for the street either Falken FK-452 or if they end up wearing faster than I thought on my lacetti then I'd go with the Falken Ziex ZE-512s.

I think the 225mm tire will be a problem with my planned ride height.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i just measured my tires. they are about 8 inches wide. my tires are 205/40/r16. my wheels are about 35-40 offset. im not totay sure of what they are. you can see how slammed my car is and i dont hav eany rubbing issues that i can tell of.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Stick a few fat people in your back seats and take a corner at about 60 to see what happens lol [mph btw :P]
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah ive actually taken exit ramps at like 65 and it hugs the roads. i love the way my car handles i just wish the rear was lower.....

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

daewoomofo wrote:i just measured my tires. they are about 8 inches wide. my tires are 205/40/r16. my wheels are about 35-40 offset. im not totay sure of what they are. you can see how slammed my car is and i dont hav eany rubbing issues that i can tell of.
Thanks! Gives me a bit of an idea. Your tires are pretty small though with the 40 series sidewall. That's what I'd prefer to go with but there aren't any of my top 4 tire choices in that size
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Remember the '40' part is a percentage of the width of the tyre, it's not a set figure. But yeqah 205/40's are a pretty low profile tyre :P
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ive got Hancook HR II on there. im not sure if thats one of your options but ill tell you, they grip the road like nothing else. i havent even been able to get them to squeal around corners yet, and ive been taking tight exit ramps at like 65.

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Pir0 wrote:Remember the '40' part is a percentage of the width of the tyre, it's not a set figure. But yeqah 205/40's are a pretty low profile tyre :P
Yeah I know, that's a huge difference from 225/45/16 though. I'd love to be able to get 225/40/16 but I can't find that in any of the tires I'd like.
daewoomofo wrote:ive got Hancook HR II on there. im not sure if thats one of your options but ill tell you, they grip the road like nothing else. i havent even been able to get them to squeal around corners yet, and ive been taking tight exit ramps at like 65.
Hmm, I think I ran those. At least the tread was identical but I think they were a different model, maybe a older version. I loved them, they were great.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport