Fender Flares

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Fender Flares

Post by Audacity Racing »

has anyone had any luck with fender flares or a wide body kit? i found these universal fiberglass ones but am really unsure how much a difference it would really make. what does everyone else think?

i know it would be hard to blend in with the side skirts and bumpers... but i have access to tons (literally) of fiberglass and carbon fiber. could it be done? would it look good? any input?

http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_misc ... versal.htm

***EDIT***

just go to ebay to look at some... they seem to be WAY cheaper there...
woo
Expert

Re: Fender Flares

Post by woo »

you could get a panal beater to pump your existing guards but that would cost a bit. the advantages of pumping guards rather than adding on flares is that you can put on fatter tyres
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I think it would look pretty cool if you have wide rims (7" in width or more). I don't know if it'll look good with stock bumpers/sideskirts though.
Audacity Racing
moron

what about using the fiberglass extensions and then use a body saw to cut out the original fenders? i'm pretty sure that's about as ghetto as it gets... but it would be cheaper then the alternate suggested option. i'm a huge fan of fender flares like that. i'm going to photoshop a picture of my woo and see what i get from it.... any more input would be appreciated...

(i want to see some 8 or 9 inch wide tires on a woo... like a 350z's wheels, etc)
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

by rolling and slightly pumping the rear guards on a falcon, a guy i know stepped up form 6.5' on the rear to 9' wide rims. The 255's are a big improvement over the 205's. the car is RWD too
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Audacity Racing
moron

AcingTeam wrote:I think it would look pretty cool if you have wide rims (7" in width or more). I don't know if it'll look good with stock bumpers/sideskirts though.

who said anything about STOCK?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I might be doing something like that in the near future. It kinda depends on what catagory i wanna race in and what they allow though.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama