Auto Tranny Shift Improver.

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Auto Tranny Shift Improver.

Post by BosnianLanos »

I'm in the market for a shift improver for my automatic transmission.

There are two products I'm looking into: the Autotrans Interceptor and the Daewootech.net model based on the B&M Shiftplus.

The Autotrans Interceptor http://www.autotransinc.com/intercept.htm is a device that attaches between the transmission wire harness and the ECU harness in the engine compartment, it has 100% adjustable line pressure and seems to be a solid looking device, only problems are that the reviews have two extremes. Either people say it is awesome and worth it, or they say that it is worthless, also, the device is always on. Another problem is the price @ $149.95

I'm sure you all have heard of the the B&M based Daewootech.net model and I know some of you have used it. All I have heard about it is good and the good thing is I can always turn it back to stock. At $75.00, it seems to be the much more accesible.

Do you guys have any word on either product, I am basically looking for the pros/cons for each device. :)

Thanks to all in advance.

Damir.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i have the b&m model, ordered it from the cheapest site i could find.. it works good i like it alot.. makes your 0-60 and 1/4 mile time way way faster
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah, I thought of going with B&M too, adjustable from the drivers seat... and B&M is actually a well known brand.

Do you by any chance remember what site you got it off of? I was looking through B&m's website but I didn't see one directly for the 4T40E.

Thanks a lot man.

Damir.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Prod ... pId-412313

i got mine on sale.. it was like 25$ with free shipping. when you get it i will help you with the wires

let me go see if there is a model number on it.. im sure this is the one though
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah, it's the same one that I saw, does it matter that it is for a 4L60E? I know they are in the same family, but will it make installation or use of the product harmful?

Thanks for all your help man.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

ive been using it for a year with no problems
damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

i have the autotrans interceptor installed. made for 4t40e. I like that it is plug and play....takes about 45 seconds to install. Works nicely. I have it at very low setting so that the transmission shifts quicker but not too harsh for my every day driving. Thats what I like about the autotrans it has many differerent setting of adjustability..in BandM u only get high, med, off. This one here it says it is for 4t40e from BandM...dont know though as they dont list it on their site.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WD1V

hope this helped.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i was going to buy that one at first but the price was what got me... but yeah... the B&M shifts a bit hard for the relaxiing drive home but for 25$ i thought it was worth it
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Hey is there a model that will fit on a Leganza transmission
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i would imagin it being the same as the lanos sence they are all GM trany's but im not sure so dont take my word on it
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I don't know the Leganza transmission type off the top of my head, but both the Interceptor and the Shiftplus have a lot of models for GM transmissions. The Interceptor is connected directly to the tranny wiring harness, so you would have to get the exact one, but the B&M Shiftplus only has a two wire connection. If WooHoo's 4L60E one works on the 4T40E, I would assume it works on the Leganza transmission.

But again, don't take my word for it... :(
ledtube41

Re:

Post by ledtube41 »

BosnianLanos wrote:I don't know the Leganza transmission type off the top of my head, but both the Interceptor and the Shiftplus have a lot of models for GM transmissions. The Interceptor is connected directly to the tranny wiring harness, so you would have to get the exact one, but the B&M Shiftplus only has a two wire connection. If WooHoo's 4L60E one works on the 4T40E, I would assume it works on the Leganza transmission.

But again, don't take my word for it... :(
I read this thread right before i headed out to go to china. I'll back soon ...again... thanks :D