Looking for a 1500 lb clamping force pressure plate

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Davinci_360

Looking for a 1500 lb clamping force pressure plate

Post by Davinci_360 »

I've been talking to a local shop about assisting me with my C20GET into Lemans GSE swap, and I'm stuck on getting the right clutch setup. I've tried to get in touch with gseturbo recently, because I know he makes some good kits for this swap, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'd like to find a pressure plate with 1500 lbs of clamping force that will work with the Lemans "flat" flywheel. I'd also like to get a higher performance clutch disc.

Anybody know of some good aftermarket sources for this kind of setup?

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have on this, thanks!
Last edited by Davinci_360 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci_360

Re: Looking for a 1200 lb clamping force pressure plate

Post by Davinci_360 »

sorry about that guys ... I meant 1500 lb clamping force pressure plate ... i just changed that!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Looking for a 1500 lb clamping force pressure plate

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm not sure if it will be very easy to find, I always use flat flywheels and I had a hard time finding anything larger than 1200lbs, which is a Sachs pressure plate.

I'm thinking the best place to look would be Astra-MK2.com

There are a few guys running 2.0L 8V turbo engines, which may have the same style of flat pressure plate.

I can't remember my password to dig up the names of the users to talk to, but one of them is really popular with a megasquirt 8V making a fairly decent amount of power ( think it was 400bhp )

If he has the same flywheel type then he must have a specific clutch that he is using.

I'm not sure if he is using an F20 or an F28, but the best bet is to register there and drop some questions, they are pretty friendly and would love to hear of another guy dropping a C20GET into their Lemans GSE
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Re: Looking for a 1500 lb clamping force pressure plate

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Here, I just remembered that he came online here after talking with him on astra-mk2.com

I was looking for some megasquirt maps to play with while I configure my MS2.

Here is the post on his car http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =5&t=12669
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos