Daewoo Nubira SX with drum brakes

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Adam454ss
Junior

Daewoo Nubira SX with drum brakes

Post by Adam454ss »

Yes you read that correctly. lol. I am replacing the drum brakes on my 2000 daewoo nubira sx. The fun part is checking several sites and local parts stores no one has them. :evil: What they have listed is daewoo nubira cdx or ls(I think that last one is correct) and they both have disc brakes on rear. How ever the Lanos came in a SX version and it came with drum brakes do I have placed an order for those. If they do not work I can return them.(I did make sure I did not get the drums with the lip on them where they rest on the axle)
I am also replacing the brake shoes as well. I was just going to spread the shoes open more with the adjuster when I noticed condition of drums and when I took apart passenger side the brake shoe lining on rear shoe fell off the shoe! lol :shock: :lol:
The good news is I already had a complete set of rear brake shoes for my car stored on a shelf in my garage. :D :tfrag:
When in doubt, FLOOR it!!!
benzino
Expert

Re: Daewoo Nubira SX with drum brakes

Post by benzino »

what stopped you from going to disc brakes?
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Adam454ss
Junior

Post by Adam454ss »

That person would be my wife. lol If I had my way I would have had 4 wheel discs, 18 inch rims, turbo charged, forged internals, 100 hp Nos, etc, etc. But since I am a "family man" I have to limit on what I can spend and do to my car. :D
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

drums are on clearance at rockauto for $10 each
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Adam454ss
Junior

Post by Adam454ss »

Thank-you for heads-up. I went to site but found none on sale. I received parts today. If I have enough energy I may put them on tonight. lol
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Im most likely late on this one but if you want, I have a complete rear disc brake setup for the nubira. There is everything to convert to rear disc. I'd sell it cheap just to find a home for it.

If the setup you've got isn't right then perhaps this will help.