"Power" button 2001 Lanos

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rkarl89203

"Power" button 2001 Lanos

Post by rkarl89203 »

Hi folks...been a while since I posted here....122,000 miles and still going strong! Damn I love this car....

Annoying thing has happened tho....Car is running PERFECTLY.....but

No "Pwr" light on dash now when I push the Power button on shifter....

Light burnt out? Any ideas? With the car running so well and no probs I don't even know if this IS a problem, as I never noticed a difference at low speeds or otherwise even when it came on.....

How long does an average Lanos run, mile wise and how long does the automatic tranny last? This car is GREAT!

Thanks for any info/advice!
bluesx

Re: "Power" button 2001 Lanos

Post by bluesx »

Hi, I'm glad to here that your lanos is still running well. I've found that if you keep
up with your regular maintanance and do a regular inspection, they will last as long
as any other compact. I'm sure that you know about the importance of timing belt
replacement. If the belt fails, that can ruin it for you. It sounds like the bulb has
failed. It shouldn't be a big deal. If it worry's you, have a good service center do
a tune-up on your transmission, and road test it to be sure the power button is
working . Enjoy !
rkarl89203

Post by rkarl89203 »

I replace the timing belt every 30000 miles, just to make sure....

I'm buying a Kandi Coco Electric Car tomorrow and will use it to make short trips to work (4 mi. RT) and around Rockford, IL here where I live.....

That should effectively extend the life of my Lanos as I will just be using it for trips.....( a trip is defined as anything over the range of the Kandi, which is 30-50 miles)

EDITED TO ADD: The Kandi arrived yesterday....drove it 6 miles...what a Hoot! But the Daewoo will always have my heart.....

Thanks for all the help folks....
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

wow, that is the girliest name for a car I've ever heard!

shame about what happened to the saturn EV1... now that was a sweet electric car
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
rkarl89203

Post by rkarl89203 »

It's from Kandghi Industries, near Shanghai....thus "Kandi"

Had it for a week now, it's a hoot....slow but possibly the most fun car I've had since the 70s....another toy for me, lol...

With a 50 mile range( for Kandi) the Daewoo is still the Alpha Dog........
Daewhat?

Post by Daewhat? »

So I have a 2001 daewoo lanos. An my power button wasn't working so. I think this might help you out! I un screwed all the screws their are three for the front half where your shifter is at make sure to disconnect your ciggeeite lighter from the back their are two screws where the e brake is located on both the passages an drivers side pull them apart... Then put your e brake up an put your key inside of the little key hole next to your shifter put your car into the 1st gear all the way down as you can see bulg now there are three little screws on the shifter then it will easily pull up but their will be two wire one black one white that's for the power button... I found out that from shifter into park an drive shorted out the wires an my looked to be cut so I pulled a little extra wire out spiced them an put the white wire with the white wire an the black with the black take your key out an put it in the start mode an try to push the button mine worked... Try this with yours!!!