CRAZY Sound from my car...

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

update:
I picked the car up and it feels exactly the same as before I left it there...
So they didn't do anything on your car. That's good.
Try a recommended shop.

By reading the entire post again I believe you need a major check-up on your brake system for your safety:

-There was a fluid leak on the wheel cylinder. The cylinder, top & bottom springs, backing plate, visible metal part of brake shoes are wet. Check/replace wheel cylinder and both right/left brake shoes if even one is contaminated.
-The brake pedal was floored with a possibility of dislodging sludge and damaging seals in master cylinder. If internal bore of master cylinder is free from scoring and corrosion it could be overhauled. If any doubt change it.

I have no experience in brake booster.
drjdup

Post by drjdup »

So they didn't do anything on your car. That's good.
Well they supposedly bled the system... I don't believe that to be the case however... they may have bled the master cylinder but not the wheels... It all happened too quick IMHP... unfortunately I wasn't there to see the procedure... but anyway I was charged $75 for them to tell me I need a new master cylinder & booster...

I have time today so I'm going to check for leaks which I'm pretty positive I didn't have... The wheel cylinder in the picture did take some trauma but it still seems to be functional... I'll do a complete manual bleed myself and see if that doesn't improve the situation... If not he just may be correct and I'll just end just replace everything... Master cylinder & booster, wheel cylinders, shoes & drums... I am a bit puzzled at the many different wheel cylinders I'm finding from part stores... how would I know which is right for my car?

Jarmar..............
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

Find a GM/suzuki parts house / dealership and either try to matchup the numbers that's on the wheel cylinder with one they have or try to find a part number, i think the part number for 1.6dohc wheel cylinder is 96312155. Go to a parts store and try to look up that number. If the part number has changed between lano's time of manufacture and the Newer Gm/suzuki parts, the parts number will have changed, but they should be able to lookup that number and get the part you need. If the brake booster wasn't working, the brake pedal would be hard to press down on. I'd reccomend bleeding the master cylinder, and if you push the brakes and you have pressure(brake fluid shooting out of the loose connection)from the master cylinder, then the master cylinder is working correctly.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
drjdup

Post by drjdup »

I've found two part numbers on DaewooUs.com 90235422 & 96312155 ...

03 90235422 CYLINDER A-WHEEL BRAKE . B B S S S 2 447433 Ñ)19.05
03 96312155 CYLINDER A-WHEEL BRAKE . B B S S S 2 447434 Ñ)20.64

The top says Vin Engine Trans To (447433) and the bottom on says Vin Engine Trans From (447434)

Not sure which one fits on my car...

Jarmar.....................
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

the B's and S's mean base model lanos and the S's are standard and when it says Vin Engine Trans to-means the last 6 digits in your car's VIN number so, if your car has lets say KLATA2216B234775 the 234775 is your vehicle's serial number so, when it says vin engine trans to means from 000000 to 447433 you use the 90235422 part and if it's after 447433, you use the wheel cylinder 96312155.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but that's how i got parts for my lanos.
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
drjdup

Post by drjdup »

Well fellas... come to find out that jerk didn't do a damn thing... I got swindled for $75... I bled all 4 wheels and now she stops on a dime (a daewoo dime anyway)... I'll be visiting that joker jerk first chance I get... but for now I can safely stop and will monitor fluid levels and pedal play...

Thanks again everybody for all the help ya'll have provided... Time to go get some new tires for the woo...

Jarmar....................
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Nice! You saved enough money on master cylinder/brake booster to get first class tires ;) .

Daniel
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

Kick the mechanic's ass and report him to the BBB (better business bureau).
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER