Valve clearance 1996 daewoo 1.6 dohc

Specifications for engines, engine components, gearboxes, engineering information.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

maryferret

Valve clearance 1996 daewoo 1.6 dohc

Post by maryferret »

Hi ... could anyone please give me the VALVE CLEARANCE for a 1996 Cielo 1.6 dohc, and a few pointers on how to go about altering the gap...currently making lots of tapping noise!! .... or can you point me in the direction of where I may fnd this info.... do not have w/s manual, and don't seem to be able to download a free one on-line!! THANKS. :smt068 :smt068
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Re: Valve clearance 1996 daewoo 1.6 dohc

Post by gse_turbo »

unfortunately there is no adjustment. if I remember correctly Daewoo has used hydraulic lifters exclusively since they began in the early 80's.

you can try a couple oil system flushes, lighter weight our and more frequent oil changes. DO NOT USE HEAVIER OIL!

there are tinny oil ports in the hydraulic lifters that have been plugged up from gummy oil caused from going over the oil change duration. heavy oil can't get into those oil ports and only provides surface reliefe and doesn't fix that actual problem of the hydraulic lifter not "pumping up" or fillig with oil.
LordMMX

Post by LordMMX »

you should use Castrol Magnatec Diesel 10W40 oil (yes, it is primary for Diesel engines but can be used in gas engines too) so your valves will be quieter. and also if you have chance, use Shell V-Power or V-Power Racing gas for some time so it will clean your valves. I have Nexia 16V from 1996 and mine valves are quiet when i use this combination.
Daewoo Nexia born in 1996 in South Korea. DOHC Engine was used as heart for this little girl. She's got cute green metalic painting. She's fully equiped with abs, airbag, AC, parking sensors, etc. :)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

welcome to the forum, thank you for your post. hopefully we see more of your Nexia soon.

...however, you do not want to do that.

• you can try a couple oil system flushes, lighter weight our and more frequent oil changes. DO NOT USE HEAVIER OIL!

there are tinny oil ports in the hydraulic lifters that have been plugged up from gummy oil caused from going over the oil change duration. heavy oil can't get into those oil ports and only provides surface reliefe and doesn't fix that actual problem of the hydraulic lifter not "pumping up" or fillig with oil.
on another note: I do suggest fuels, it's what i use exclusive. use the low octaine however (mid level is ok) but don't use the highoctaine of any fuel company in a stock Daewoo, it won't burn fast enough.
LordMMX

Post by LordMMX »

So you are basicaly telling me that if I use a couple oil flushers, i can return to 5W40 oil? Engine in my car never had any general repair, so cylinders may not seal as they have to. and that is the reason why i use 10W40 oil.
Daewoo Nexia born in 1996 in South Korea. DOHC Engine was used as heart for this little girl. She's got cute green metalic painting. She's fully equiped with abs, airbag, AC, parking sensors, etc. :)